shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing between diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eagle

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided on the Blue Nile Sweetheart Micropave ring - now I just need to choose a diamond. I''ve narrowed it down to 3 choices, but am open to more options. All of these are under 2 HCA. From looking at the GCAL report, they all look pretty good. What do you guys think will look best with the setting? Is there a noticable difference between .76 and .91ct? What do you guys/gals think?

Diamond 1
Round
.91ct
Signature Ideal
F
VVS2
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal
Depth - 61.7
Table - 56
6.17 x 6.21 x 3.82
Girdle Thin to slightly thick
culet - very small
$7,723

Diamond 2
.76ct
Signature ideal
E
VVS1
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Depth - 51.4
Table - 56
5.85 x 5.87 x 3.60
girdle - slightly thick
culet small
$5,502

Diamond 3
.78ct
Signature Ideal
E
VVS1
Polish - excellent
symmetry - excellent
depth 61.7
table 56
5.89 x 5.91 x 3.64
girdle - medium to slightly thick
culet - none
$5638

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
need the crown and pavilion angles.
1.gif

I think you got the depth wrong on number two.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A .91 is going to look larger than a .76. Do you require VVS? You honestly cannot see inclusions in most VS1's with a 10x loupe! They are extremely clean! So if you'd go to F VS1, you could get more size without any sacrifice.

(elle, he posted the links.)

The .91 is AGS0, so it would be fine. But I'd still go to VS1 if it was me!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DS, i''m missing alot of things today.
8.gif

DS is right on all counts. I''d also drop to a VS1 just to save a few bucks or go bigger as the chanecs of you seeing anything are pretty much zilch.

eagle

Rough_Rock
Okay - thanks. Diamond 2 has a depth of 61.4

I''ll look at some diamonds with a lower clarity - I was basically looking for a diamond around 1ct. Probably just under 1ct would be a little cheaper. Theres so many diamonds to choose from, that when I search blue nile, I basically set my price limit and carat size and then start moving the other parameters up until I hit around my price point? I''m worried that anything larger then 1ct will start looking too big on this little ring and her little finger. Thanks for the info, I''ll keep looking some. She doesn''t wear a lot of jewelry and doesn''t want too large of a diamond. You guys definitely know what your talking about here, so I''m listening. Thanks

eagle

Rough_Rock
Searching Blue Nile is difficult if the diamond is not a signature diamond. I just don''t have enough information to compare if its not a signature diamond. All you get is the GIA report. Here are 4 other diamonds that are Idea, but not signature ideal. The price is a cheaper, but its hard to tell what I''m getting. Thats why i''m slightly worried about lowering the clarity and going with a non signature diamond.

Diamond 4 - .91ct

Diamond 5 - .91ct

Diamond 6 - .93ct

Diamond 7 - .93ct

eagle

Rough_Rock
These 2 are both in my price range and are signature diamonds. I had to lower the color to G though. Is it worth lowering the color from F to G?

Diamond 8 - 1.09ct
$7453

Diamond 9 - 1.01ct
$6945

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I like all the numbers on 6 and it has the best spread.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I was posting while you were. I still like 6 but i think 9 would also be a good choice.

I have a G, and don''t see any color. Remember, stones are graded pavillion side up, not face up so you want really see any color unless you''re very color sensitive.

If you''re trying to hit the 1ct mark, that could be a good choice.

The problem with bluenile is they don''t provide idealscope pics so while the numbers look fine, a picture would be better.

eagle

Rough_Rock
Thanks Elle - Is there a similar setting from a company like WhiteFlash or James Allen - who has better diamond pictures?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results