shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help choosing based on paper stats

brooklynny

Rough_Rock
I'm new to this forum and have learned a lot over the last few weeks. I am in the process of selecting a diamond and wanted your help in narrowing down my choices to two. I have not seen these diamonds in person, but have an appointment next week. My problem is that these diamonds are virtually the same on paper. I have purchased an idealscope, but am concerned that they will all look the same since they all have an HCA score below 2.0. Can you help select the top two based on GIA data? Is there any that I should eliminate based on paper stats? Also, what should I look for when I see them in person?

Please Help! GIA numbers are listed below

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I posed links, thinking that you may get more responses if it was a bit easier for us to look up all the reports. :))

I only did a quick scan of each report, and I didn't run them through the HCA which will likely tell you that they are all 'worthy of further investigation'...( oops just saw that you have already run them) however that is only a starting point. Each of these diamonds will have a different character, or personality if you will. If you are just looking for a diamond, then probably any of these will do, but it's completely possible for any of these stones to have issues that aren't evident from the report alone. That's why I feel that it's so important to work with a vendor who can actually assess the stone on your behalf. They have the ability to determine if there are any potential issues, but also help you determine what type of light performance you prefer. I quite sure that if you spent time with these stones and were able to compare them side by side that you would have a strong preference for one over the other. A good vendor can be your eyes for you and help you make this decision. Some will even provide video of the stones side by side for you to compare.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just glancing at the GIA links (thanks Christina!), I myself prefer #2 and #3 based on crown height - your other options have below 34 degrees in crown height and large tables akin to a 60/60 cut, which I do find beautiful and can prefer in sub-carat sizes (or even larger if for a pendant, for example), but for an apx 2.0 carat stone intended for an ER, for me, a nice-sized crown is essential for the performance and silhouette I would be looking for.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
As Christina and Marymmm both gave you good advice. Now you have to look at the stones. I believe you mentioned you have an appointment to see them in person. This will help you more than the paper. The paper is great for eliminating none ideal stones, all these stones look more or less similar.

Use your ideal scope and use a loupe (or microscope at the jeweler)

You will be able to see the inclusions and you can eliminate them using these two methods.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oops sorry I just read that you are working with someone that can show you the stones in person. Lol. Guess thats what happens when I try to give advice before 5am. It will be easier to determine your preferences once you've had the opportunity to view them side by side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results