shape
carat
color
clarity

need help buying an engagement ring in the GTA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

col127

Rough_Rock
hey everyone!

i''ve finally decided to start shopping around for an engagement ring. i''ve been doing some preliminary research and went to a local shop today called bijoux village and the prices there seemed pretty good.

but i like to shop around, so i was wondering which stores you guys would recommend in the Greater Toronto Area for great prices? i saw some websites with great deals, but i''d rather see the diamond in person before purchasing.

i''m looking for a round diamond, at 0.7-0.8 carat, D colour, VS2 clarity, ideal/excellent cut. in addition, i''ve read that there are blood/conflict diamonds and i don''t support that. so a canadian diamond would be nice. though i''m guessing there are diamonds from other countries that are okay :)

my budget is 4-5k max, including the ring and tax (though spending less is fine with me :razz:). i''m looking for a really thin ring, that thins out at the top, thicker at the bottom. my gf liked a ring that was less than 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom :) i''m thinking of doing white gold or platinium for the ring.

i''d appreciate your help!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''d check these guys out.

col127

Rough_Rock
hey there. do you have any experience with that company? their website looks a little ghetto, but maybe i''ll drop by their store front since it''s so close to me :)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not dealt with them, but a good number of others have. Find them also here, and do a search on them. Principally they''re an internet vendor, and probably don''t have a storefront, per se. Do call first. I don''t even know that they''ll see you in person, but am guessing they will. Per my shopping notes, you have the potential to be one of the lucky types who happen to live nearby one of these pretty well regarded advertisers here.

I''ve several times complained about their web site, too. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results