shape
carat
color
clarity

need help between 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

window98

Rough_Rock
I need help deciding on 2 diamonds. Here are the specs:
It''s from 2 different jewelers. Diamond B is $725 more than Diamond A. It is worth it for the Excellent symmetry? Thanks for your help!

Diamond A:
1.51 ct GIA Cert
F, VS2
depth : 60.8
table : 57
girdle: thin to medium
Polish: very good
Symmetry: very good
flour : none
culet : none

Diamond B (+$725):
1.51 ct GIA Cert
F, VS2
depth : 61.6
table : 56
girdle: slightly thick faceted
Symmetry: Excellent

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They both look good but we could help you a little better if we knew the crown and pavilion angles and crown height.
See if they can get you a Sarin report on the diamonds.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
As Bob mentioned, it is difficult to know because there isn't enough information to determine if both stones display relatively equal cut proportions.

There is unlikely to be a *discernable* difference to the eye between VG and EX symmetry.

window98

Rough_Rock
I could not get any further information for Diamond A. Here is the info from the Saran report for Diamond B:

Diamond B:
1.51 ct GIA Cert
F, VS2
depth : 61.6
table : 56
crown angle : 35.2
pavilion angle : 40.4
crown height: 15.5%
pavilion height: 42.5%
girdle: slightly thick faceted
Symmetry: Excellent

What do you guys think about this diamond? The jeweler is offering to sell for 15% below the Rap. Thanks!

window98

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for an ideal cut diamond with maximum brilliance, fire, scintillation, and light return. I'm a little worried that this does not fall with the standards that another person posted from another thread:
Crown angle between 34.3 - 34.8 degrees
Pavilion angle between 40.6 - 40.9 degrees

However, I feel like I'm getting an excellent deal on this diamond. Should I buy it?

bling

Shiny_Rock
It still seems to get a really good score (0.7 TIC..anything under 2 is great) when you use the HCA from this forum...there are others here that are far more knowledgeable than i however...maybe they can give you some more advice on them... goodluck!
wacko.gif
rodent.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The diamond should be beautiful!

Forget the Rap.....that doesn't mean a thing. Here's a better baseline: diamonds with these criteria can be had on PS for $13,400. If your price is anywhere near that, you're doing well.

Best of luck, and let us know what you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results