shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help authenticating a vintage Cartier Trinity ring

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Hi all!!

So... the story is I've always loooved the Trinity ring. I borrow one from my aunt, she's had it since the early 80s. She no longer has the original box, but she's pretty sure it's authentic.

Me? Not so much.

It doesn't read "Cartier" anywhere, but is that something Cartier has always done? Did they only start stamping their name on the Trinity recently? Again, the ring is from the early 80s. I can't find a timeline of Cartier hallmarks anywhere.

The ring only has three hallmarks, one diamond shaped that reads 750, one more rectangular with letters but I can't read what it says, and one that looks like two circles intertwined, the only legible letter is an A in the middle.

One's for the gold, another one's for the silver, but could any of them be a Cartier stamp? They don't photograph very well, but here you go...
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

What do the experts say? Is there a chance it might really be a Cartier or definitely nah?

Thanks! :wavey:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have an answer to your question but maybe this link will help you get started. If it is indeed a Cartier ring, then all three of the bands are gold - yellow, white, and rose gold, or some combination thereof. They wouldn't have mixed a silver (or platinum) band with gold bands as the different metals would wear down differently.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...or-authentic-based-on-inside-markings.210712/

Katesimone

Rough_Rock
As far as I know Cartier always signs their pieces - I have seen trinity rings older than this that are signed Cartier. Also I agree with the previous poster, if it were Cartier it would be all gold and not silver.

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
I don't have an answer to your question but maybe this link will help you get started. If it is indeed a Cartier ring, then all three of the bands are gold - yellow, white, and rose gold, or some combination thereof. They wouldn't have mixed a silver (or platinum) band with gold bands as the different metals would wear down differently.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...or-authentic-based-on-inside-markings.210712/

I thought white gold was gold + platinum + silver, hence why a stamp for platinum or silver would make sense. But thanks!

Katesimone

Rough_Rock
White gold can be an alloy of a few different metals (platinum and silver are some options, but not the only options). Platinum or silver marks will only be present if your metal is actually platinum or silver, once its been alloyed with gold to make white gold then it is no longer platinum or silver, so those marks cannot be used and the stamp will then always be for gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results