shape
carat
color
clarity

need feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gotti

Rough_Rock
hello all, first off, i'd like to say this message board is a great tool to those that are more or less, clueless about diamonds...i picked up some good info from here so far.
secondly, i would like some feedback.
i just ordered my engagement ring. After weighing MANY pros and cons, here is what i finally went with.
0.62, ideal cut, IF, color F are the major stats on it. it also is GIA certified and engraved....pretty neat how they get those TINY letters carved into the girdle.
what i was wondering, is 3k a decent deal for this stone. i went with the smaller rock compared to a few 1.0 - 1.2's of lesser clarity/color. this stone just glistened and was so radiant next to the others....i was torn just because of the size. to the ladies out there.....if you were presented with this stone, eventhough it was .62 c, would you be pleased? does the size of the stone matter that much? i guess its all personal preference....i guess im just nervous after sweating out decisions for 4 hrs.
as far as the band, i went with a very simple tiffany band. platinum....also what i wanted to know, has anyone gotten their engagement ring presented to them in such a band, and liked the idea cause they had a chance to upgrade the band into something they like?
god, what a tough morning, my head is like mush. im glad i found this site this week , cause it gave me some info about diamonds...thanks all.jim

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jim!Well, this can be an overwhelming purchase to make! Congratulations on making it! So many questions-do you have real doubts or do you love it? Where did you buy?I'm glad this site was helpful to you.I would love the idea of getting a diamond in a solitaire with the ability to choose a different setting if I wanted to. I think it's perfect!As far as price, there's no way to help with this until we have all the measurements, angles, etc. Does it show hearts and arrows? (Not necessary for the best look just a cost factor) The cut is what makes a diamond "radiant" not the clarity (although you might run into problems if you went really low on that) and the cut is what changes the cost as does the venue.All that matters is that you're happy with your purchase and you're getting engaged!Congratulations!lawmax
smile.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Your price looks good, and if you are happy, that is the most important factor. Don't over look your own desires."i guess its all personal preference...."You said it best, now just enjoy your purchase. Sounds like a very nice diamond.------------------

Jeremy

Rough_Rock
gotti,
Congrats on your diamond purchase and pending engagement! That diamond sounds awesome - there certainly aren't many girls who will ever have a diamond with specs that are even close to that. I think she will be thrilled at your selection, especially since you researched and took the time to find the diamond that you will give her when you eventually propose to her.
Colorless... internally flawless... ideal cut - you realy couldn't ask for better specs. At two-thirds or a carat, that diamond certainly isn't small. I would only worry if she has hinted that she wants a "big honking diamond" at the expense of the four C's, especially cut - which really make a diamond beautiful.
Congrats again on your purchase and best of luck with the proposal!Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results