shape
carat
color
clarity

Need feedback on these two rings

Dragonboats

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I was deciding between these two rings as engagement rings. I’lll omit some key facts about the diamonds in order to garner as much honest feedback as possible.

To me, the cut of the diamond is the most important, so which one had the best sparkle, the one closer to my finger tip or the second one?

Thanks!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one can give you a fair recommendation based on a short video without any further details about the diamonds, setting, vendors, price, etc. Both rings look great. The diamonds appear large, well-cut and beautiful.

If you want to share more details, I am sure that people will chime in.

Dragonboats

Rough_Rock
Fair enough!

In short, one is a super ideal (0000 AGS) by a vendor that is recommended on this board and one is a XXX by GIA. I guess I’m trying to validate whether paying a premium for a super ideal is worth the premium since both sparkle pretty well. I understand it comes down to personal preference but if there is a difference to the way they sparkle, I don’t mind paying that premium.

Diamond 1 (closer to finger tip):
VS2
H
Thin to Medium

Diamond 2:
VS2
H
Medium

Both diamonds ended up being similarly priced. The setting is a temporary setting for both.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is difficult to say...you are moving them so much in the video. The first one (closer to the tip of your finger) does look a little crisper.
You, well I, can pick out the arrows a little easier than the other stone. Could just be the focus though. I would not wholly use that
video to get to a definitive answer. I would use it as just another piece of info.

If you could provide us with the links to the stones (maybe after you get some more responses to the video) we'll be happy to provide
more feedback.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I thought the same as @tyty333 about the 1 closet to your fingertip possibly being crisper but I can’t say for sure since the other 1 is closer to the camera. I will say this, based on them being very difficult to choose between and them being basically the same price, why not go with the larger one. Their specs are virtually the same, minus the depth which is fine on the larger 1. It’s good you’ve seen them in person... if you are able to compare together in different lighting, you will know better than us if any difference is discernible (@ least to you which is all that matters!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results