shape
carat
color
clarity

need feedback on a princess cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

krayzie

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of picking up a princess cut diamond and any feedback would be appreciated.

Price $3850
0.91 ct
E SI1
EGL Graded

5.37 x 5.33 x3.88 ml
depth 72.8%
table 76%
crown 10.5 %
pavillion 59.1 %
culet = none
girdle thin & polished
finish =good
symtry= good

The girdle being thin worries me as I believe I read that they should be medium to thick so that they don't chip as easily. Is there anything else about this diamond that I should be aware of? I do not have an idealscope picture or any pictures of the diamond. Thanks for any feedback.

**edit I tried adding the %'s to the calculator on this site but it stated the depth was too large. Is that another issue as well? My knowledge is lacking but I read someones post that said 70-76% total depth so I'm assuming that's a good range to be in.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Off the bat I''d say you really have to see pictures of this diamond. SI1 does not necessarily mean eyeclean. And the table is larger than I would like.
1.gif

krayzie

Rough_Rock
I saw it at the shop and it looked okay but I''m not exactly sure as all the diamonds looked good to my eyes

Is it always better for the table to be "3-5%" less than the depth?

Ohio Rocks

Rough_Rock
based on the info, I would keep looking. They table is big. You can do better than that stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results