shape
carat
color
clarity

Need feedback on 3.2ct F, vs1, ideal cut I just bought (video of diamond linked)

kgleason2492

Rough_Rock
We’re upgrading my engagement ring (gift now that I’m done having babies!) and I’m probably borderlining on being overly meticulous about the ring. I really would like the hearts and arrows cut (I know it can’t be confirmed totally unless you look at it under the microscope) but this one has the H&A IGI certification (which I’ve also heard they can be kind of loose with). The thing I’m getting stuck on is that the stone has an 8.9 score on stonealgo (and while I know that’s a good score, was wondering if it’s were pursuing something with a higher one). I posted for advice on Reddit and people were saying that the stone looks like it has a blue hue and now I don’t know if I’m seeing things or if I should return the stone. It has a .9 HCA score and here’s a link to a video of the diamond:
What do you all think? IMG_3783.jpeg

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
It’s possible that it has blue nuance, but it would be nice to see the magnified video. Sometimes the environment can affect color.

If you share the certificate number, our sleuths could look up the video. That would also allow for an examination of graining or striations. You’ve already purchase it, so no one can swipe it. Overall, the cut angles look good.

Congratulations on the upgrade!!

kgleason2492

Rough_Rock
It’s possible that it has blue nuance, but it would be nice to see the magnified video. Sometimes the environment can affect color.

If you share the certificate number, our sleuths could look up the video. That would also allow for an examination of graining or striations. You’ve already purchase it, so no one can swipe it. Overall, the cut angles look good.

Congratulations on the upgrade!!

Thank you!! This is the certificate number: LG620431383 and here it is on stonealgo https://www.stonealgo.com/diamond-details/IGI-number-LG620431383

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

Is the CVD grain/strain noticeable in person?

kgleason2492

Rough_Rock

Is the CVD grain/strain noticeable in person?

So I have not seen it in person yet since we bought it out of state and my husband wanted it to be a surprise I only have that video above that shows it in IRL. The company we went with does have a good return policy though!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have not seen it in person yet since we bought it out of state and my husband wanted it to be a surprise I only have that video above that shows it in IRL. The company we went with does have a good return policy though!

It's not bad, but I think it's possible to find a better stone in both cut and material quality.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Based on the videos it’s possible that it has a grey hue that some treated CVD get, especially considering the discounted price history on stonealgo.

kgleason2492

Rough_Rock
Based on the videos it’s possible that it has a grey hue that some treated CVD get, especially considering the discounted price history on stonealgo.

Thank you! The stone itself was $1900, so I’m not sure if that’s a good deal or if I can probably find better for similar costs. We’re new to buying lab diamonds since they weren’t as prevalent 5-10 years ago so still learning!

kgleason2492

Rough_Rock
It's not bad, but I think it's possible to find a better stone in both cut and material quality.

Thank you! I have been doing a lot of research on what to look for with ideal cuts (mostly Whiteflash’s criteria for ideal diamonds) and this diamond did check all of those boxes with the angles and percentage specs. Do you have any recommendations on what I should be looking for instead?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I have been doing a lot of research on what to look for with ideal cuts (mostly Whiteflash’s criteria for ideal diamonds) and this diamond did check all of those boxes with the angles and percentage specs. Do you have any recommendations on what I should be looking for instead?

The stone you bought was priced fairly, but I think the price accounted for the grayish-brownish tint and graining.

This is an example of what I'd recommend. It is more precisely cut with better material (no growth issues). If you like it, I'd put it on hold before someone else can buy it out from under you.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Good gravy that is a fantastic diamond - great find, Kim N!
kgleason2492 if you have the means/capability to just merely buy this diamond, then I'd recommend doing so ASAP then send the other one back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results