shape
carat
color
clarity

need fast help for WF ACA''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
DH says he is going to WF (we live in HOuston)

I am ignorant when it comes to rb''s, but could one just go to WF
and select a ACA 1.00ct - 1.25ct, D - G, totally eye clean SI1 and above?

Easy or not?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I do think you should call ahead of time. I don''t know or think you should just stop in.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Jazmine is right. Whiteflash is not like a retail store. I believe you would need to make an appointment. They could probably arrange for you to view some stones. I would call and speak with a sales associate.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be easy to select a stone in person.
They make it easy to select online, so in person it must be easier in person, especially if you are looking near the threshold of eye-clean.

I'm jealous, I'd love to go.

Yes I think you do have to call first.
I think they are not in a retail store that the public can just walk into.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you mean, can you really go wrong, no. They''re all beautiful. But I agree, I''d call first, especially if before xmas. It also depends on their inventory...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I do know an appt. is neccessary, I even told him so.

But are the ACA''s so good that selecting one is pretty easy?

I guess I could always return it and exchange it if I thought it wasn''t up to snuff!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Is 1.50ct too big for an everyday close to "Adams Apple" simple pendant?
Buying it today.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
oops

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 12:45:46 PM
Author: Ann
Is 1.50ct too big for an everyday close to ''Adams Apple'' simple pendant?
Buying it today.
too big? blasphemy!
28.gif

here''s a general idea of what the size will look like (my diamond is much smaller but the total diameter, with the bezel, is right around 7mm)

swirlsatnight.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
The "G" has a larger diameter and costs less.

I wore a fake (asha) 1ct. for years and the size was ok,

so going up to a 1.50ct for everyday worries me some.

But I can always exchange for another size.

I want a very good stone, this is also a 30th anny little gift (trip comes later)

DH meets with Brian (WF) tonight.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about my earlier response Ann, I misunderstood your question. I don''t think a 1.5 carat is too big for a pendant at all. How fun for your hubby to get to see diamonds in person at Whiteflash and how fun for you to get a beautiful new pendant with a gorgeous ACA stone. What kind of setting are you going with?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
How much of a diiference of mm is there between the 1.50, 7.41mm

and a 1.26, 6.96mm

is there that much of a visual difference?

There is a HUGE difference is $$$ !!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The visible difference is not huge. Do you like the halo pendant? It is a pretty look and you could go with a smaller stone and still get a big look.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 2:40:29 PM
Author: Sundial
Sorry about my earlier response Ann, I misunderstood your question. I don''t think a 1.5 carat is too big for a pendant at all. How fun for your hubby to get to see diamonds in person at Whiteflash and how fun for you to get a beautiful new pendant with a gorgeous ACA stone. What kind of setting are you going with?
Something very simple. I told DH I would have WF set it after the holidays. I know there in way they could pull off a pendant by the 25th.

I would like to entertain a 3-prong Martini setting, but I am fearful of flipping issues. I want the stone to look like it is
floating. And I want it to rest in the soft spot on your neck, just below the adams apple.

White Gold (18kt.) or Platinum ?
DH is meeting Brian at 2pm, not tonight !!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, personally I wouldn''t want more than a 1.25 ct. stone for a pendant, but then my e-ring stone is just 1.63. If you wear a really large diamond ring, then you can probably get by with a 1.5 pendant. But I really like the 1.25 better myself.

Both stones sound wonderful, though!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.543, H
. Depth %: 61
. Table %: 55.9
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.3
. Star : 52.4
. Pavilion Angle: 40.9
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Lower Girdle %: 76.3
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 7.47-7.50X4.56
. Light Performance: 0

He bought this one. I will not see it til Christmas Day, then I can go in to WF later for adjustments.
They are going to set it in a 3-prong Martini, or at least Brian was hoping they still had some in stock.

Thanks John, Brian and Selena

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats ann, the numbers on that stone are almost identical to my 1.5 round. you''re going to LOVE it...

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 11:49:47 PM
Oh, I do know an appt. is neccessary, I even told him so.

But are the ACA''s so good that selecting one is pretty easy?

I guess I could always return it and exchange it if I thought it wasn''t up to snuff!

Yes......they are THAT good. Mara and I have both seen quite a few of them each time we''ve been there, and it''s damn near impossible to even tell them apart.

And to your point, you can always return it if you aren''t totally thrilled.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
BAH - late to the fair again.....lol

The one he picked looks *lovely*......and I don''t think 1.5 is too big at all. I''d do it if I could!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Ann:

Sounds perfect in every particular.
1.gif
.........Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
The H color leaves me with a tiny bit of concern, but I know these ACA''s hide a lot of body color, or at least
that''s the way I understand it. And the H dropped the price quite a bit.

DH said he saw gorgeous stones and that I should have been there, well,
My Christmas preparations are out of control, can you believe I actually let him do this alone?
6.gif

Will post pics after Christmas, of course.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The specs look terrific and I think it is neat that he picked out your diamond himself. I look forward to seeing pictures after Christmas!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 2:45:42 PM

White Gold (18kt.) or Platinum ?
DH is meeting Brian at 2pm, not tonight !!
I would go with WG myself.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My stone is an H, and not nearly as well cut as an ACA, and I NEVER see color or warmth in it. Never. It''s set in plat.
I am sure you will love the pendent! Sounds awesome. My only concern with the martini setting is that if one prong gets loose, you''re in trouble. But I think most pricescopers would check their prongs often, and also, it is in much less danger of coming loose as a pendent than in a ring with 3 prongs :)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my. Those stats have me drooling to see this one set. Come on Christmas get here. Congrats Ann. I know you''re going to love it.

shay

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
It kinda doesn''t seem real. The idea of doing this was very spontaneous. I think DH was in panic mode for a Christmas gift!
Oh, well, go ahead and panic, huh?
2.gif

I hope I like the 3-prong setting. I hate seeing those "rabbit ears" on each side of the stone, so I''m hoping it''s not so noticeable on this setting, if so, we will reset it. Not a problem, I just want perfection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great, Ann! Yes, I''d say it''s a pretty good last minute gift! I think H is wonderful in these ideal cut stones, and H happens to be hard to find in that size because I looked for months!!! I''d also go with wg.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad a few of you say the "H" is going to be ok.

I''m just worried I''ll try to find color in it!
WF did set it in 18kt. WG, Martini setting

It''s insured, we are off to the races!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results