shape
carat
color
clarity

Need experts help on diamond???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I have found a diamond I would like some feedback and opinions?

1.03 ct pear shaped
E / VS1
depth 60.5%
table 57%
girdle m - sltk - f
cutlet none
fluorescence none
polish good
symmetry good
dimensions: 9.12 x 5.8 x 3.51

notes: pinpoints & surface graining not shown
Add: Information GIA/GEM MAKE

Price $5753.84

What does everyone think? Is this a good diamond? It is from Dutton's Diamonds at Diamondexperts.com. Does anyone know if his reputation is good?
What does GIA/GEM MAKE mean? Dutton's said it was the wholeseller's note that it was a good diamond??

Also I have been told lately that I should not pay sooo much attention to the crown and pavilion angles on fancy shapes as I have been. Am I just being picky?

Thank you for your help.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Nud.

--------------
>>>>>What does everyone think? Is this a good diamond?--------------

Yep. Sounds like it.

--------------
>>>>>It is from Dutton's Diamonds at Diamondexperts.com. Does anyone know if his reputation is good?--------------

I don't know him, but I haven't heard anything bad about him. Bad news travels fast in the jewelry world. In musing on it, I think I remembering hearing good reports about him.

--------------
>>>>>What does GIA/GEM MAKE mean? Dutton's said it was the wholeseller's note that it was a good diamond??--------------

Wholesaler lingo for a fine make, or better. A good indicator, but don't fail to have it checked out.

--------------
>>>>>Also I have been told lately that I should not pay sooo much attention to the crown and pavilion angles on fancy shapes as I have been.--------------

Yep. You have to ease up on the fancy shapes a bit in critique. Each stone is fashioned by the cutter to do the best job from the shape rough which he was getting. Some are masters, and some have latent shoe repairman tendencies. Be bold, and go with the cut which "talks to you". And then insist on a 48 to 72 hour period to have it checked out by an independent gemologist. You can't lose...

--------------
Am I just being picky?
--------------

It's your right to be picky. We're not talking any small potatoes here.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results