shape
carat
color
clarity

need expert opinon please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frikfrak2

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m from montreal canada and I''ve been searching a few jewelers to do "my homework" and I think I''ve got the perfect ring, but I need you''re help please. All I know unfortuntely are the 4 C''s. (and of course the price in CDN dollars). Can anybody tell me if this is a good purchase. much appreciated and let me know if you guys need anything else. your prompt reponse is greatly apprecicated. Thanks again and here''s all the info I know for now.

SI
GH

and it''s 900$ CDN

thanks for your help
J

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert but $900 Canadian dollar is equivalent to £400 British pounds. Diamonds are more pricey in the UK than in America but that is about the cost of a 0.33 (one third carat) stone in a national chain store in the UK. Is the stone certified.
The stones being discussed on this newsboard and the people who discuss them are sort of the cream of the crop down to middle average and are mostly 1 carat stones and up. When I first came on the boards my ring was £700 and I was getting a bit carried away thinking I had poor quality for the cost and what. I now realise that my ring was what it termed here sometimes as commercial cut whereas a lot of the vendors here are selling fine cut diamonds. Their search engines also cater for lesser stone too.

I am in the process of saving for a better diamond but do not have the kind of money many of the buyers here have. As has been pointed out before many of the consumers here are lawyers, engineers, doctors, people who are mature and now have the money to spend on a nice diamond. This is not the average customer and I think there is a post here or on the other board diamond talk stating the average solitaire sold is 0.18 carats although that is an average taking into account rings girls now buy for themselves probably.

I am interested in gemmology and diamonds in particular so I decided to stick around. I am not being disrespectful, after all I don't know you, maybe you have lots of money but want to put it to other uses e.g. mortgage, car, wedding etc. I just decided to write as I do not want you to start to feel the way I felt that I had been taken by a jeweller because my stone had inclusions in it and people here are getting high clarity stones. I had to remind myself/learn that you get what you pay for in the end.

Maybe one of the experts will reply but the cost you are quoting is average for the UK although I know rings are cheaper in America. Maybe you could compare prices with other jewellers and chain stores around you to see what a third carat diamond is selling for.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to add that you can buy fine quality third carat diamonds and the prices are not bad. I believe Whiteflash have A Cut Above branded hearts & arrows diamonds in small sizes even way down to a few points in weight. If you look at their site you would see the prices. You may have to pay tax or import charges though, I know in the UK this would be the case. Other dealers may also have small diamonds on their search engines. These are branded diamonds with fine cut and are not the same as those sold in your average jeweller.

However as my previous post stated you will see people here asking about pavillion angles, crown angles, and the effects of these in the HCA which is a tool for measuring cut and its effect on beauty. This is where consumers are different here than on the high street in general.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results