shape
carat
color
clarity

Need expert advice

lakss

Rough_Rock
Hi
I am looking for buying a solitaire ring for my wife. My budget is around $10K. What is the best combination of color, cut, clarity for maximum brilliance?

Thanks,
Laks

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Cut is the most important aspect of a diamond in terms of it's brilliance. Cut and clarity are going to be more of a preference/tolerance type consideration. Though some stones if highly included can also affect a diamonds brilliance. Many people feel that a G/H VS1=SI1 are the sweet spots in terms of value as the diamond will face up very white and indistinguishable from a colorless stone and will also appear to be flawless to the naked eye. Of course their are others that a extremely color sensitive and would only want a stone in the DEF range and others that want a stone to be 'mind clean' as well as eye clean. So much of it is a matter of preference and budget, but I would NOT sacrifice on the cut, or on the lab that grades the diamond. It's best to stay with GIA or AGS ideal and excellent cuts.

lakss

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot. Any recommendations on online vs. stores like costco?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm not familiar with costco but I have heard other long time PSers speak of them highly, I believe that they have a generous trade up policy?

I've purchased my last two diamonds online through a PricesScope vendor and was very happy with the service and the savings. They also tend to have longer return policies and fantastic trade in and upgrade services, but again I'm not sure how they compare to costco. If you decide to purchase online then I would definitely advice looking with a PS vendor. They come highly recommended and really go the extra mile for PS members including offering additional discounts. They also offer lots of extras such as magnified images, Idealscope and ASET images and some such as Good Old Gold offer Brilliantscope and helium reports to help you determine the cut and light performance of the diamond. Obviously BM stores don't offer these and I"m assuming Costco doesn't either, although you have the benefit of using your own eyes as a judge.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You may be interested in checking out Good Old Golds website. They have lots and lots of video tutorials that may help you determine exactly what it is that your looking for, or should be looking for.

http://goodoldgold.com/Home/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on her. Are you looking at Rounds? Most people are happy with H SI1 eyeclean, I would look for diamonds with an AGS lab report with a ) in the light return catagory. Personally Costco wouldn't be my choice unless you wanted a great return policy (you can return jewelry forever... no limit of the return period).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Since your last inquiry, have your requirements changed? Can you be a little more specific, other than budget?

cheers--Sharon

lakss

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I will take a look.

lakss

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Yes, I am looking for round.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results