shape
carat
color
clarity

Need expert advice for this antique reversible pendant watch!!

nb-msj

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I have this beautiful antique reversible pendant watch and would love some expert advice on it! It's specs are Platinum, total weight 24,76gm, Diamond and Sapphire, total +/- 2,50ct and set in Chanel and Pave settings!
Would love to know it's era, Victorian / Art Deco etc. Any advice on a value or whom I could contact for more info?
Thanks!

Back View.jpg Full Front View.jpg Side View Back.jpg Side View Front.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, finally a watch question.
Yes, it’s art deco 1920 / 1930 period. The “exploding number dial” is gorgeous. The sapphires might be synthetics (very often used during this period). The manual wind watch is probably Swiss, the movement will be marked ie open up the back case (not you, unless you know what you’re doing).
Does it have French hallmarks ? This increases its value btw.
If the movement inside is by a well known marker ie IWC this increases its value as well.
Mostly these types of watches were made by a fine craftsman / jeweller as a 1 off, only sometimes if “retailed” by a known store might the dial might have a name in it.
While pendant watches per see are out of favour, it’s totally wearable just as a pendant and the value is in the quality workmanship and diamonds/ Platinum.
I would say between $7,000 and $10,000 without further detail on the maker / diamond weight / clarity.
Very very beautiful.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is just gorgeous!!

Question for @Bron357 How are French hallmarks identified? Thanks!

nb-msj

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your help!! I actually have opened it! I've attached those pics for you to see! The watch is running but I'm having difficulty pulling the button out to change the time!
PLEASE can you have a look at the inner workings and see if anything else pops out at you which may narrow things down some more Inner Workings Pendant Watch Close up.jpg Inner Pendant Watch.jpg inner Open Angle.jpg Inner Close Up Markings.jpg Close Up Back View.jpg Front Op.jpg !!

Yes, it’s art deco 1920 / 1930 period. The “exploding number dial” is gorgeous. The sapphires might be synthetics (very often used during this period). The manual wind watch is probably Swiss, the movement will be marked ie open up the back case (not you, unless you know what you’re doing).
If the movement inside is by a well known marker ie IWC this increases its value as well.
Mostly these types of watches were made by a fine craftsman / jeweller as a 1 off, only sometimes if “retailed” by a known store might the dial might have a name in it.
While pendant watches per see are out of favour, it’s totally wearable just as a pendant and the value is in the quality workmanship and diamonds/ Platinum.
I would say between $7,000 and $10,000 without further detail on the maker / diamond weight / clarity.
Very very beautiful.
Very very beautiful.

nb-msj

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your help!! I actually have opened it! I've attached those pics for you to see! The watch is running but I'm having difficulty pulling the button out to change the time!
PLEASE can you have a look at the inner workings and see if anything else pops out at you which may narrow things down some more Inner Workings Pendant Watch Close up.jpg Inner Pendant Watch.jpg inner Open Angle.jpg Inner Close Up Markings.jpg Close Up Back View.jpg Front Op.jpg !!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results