shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Engagement Ring Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golfer72

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. She likes an antique setting with a cushion cut diamond in the center. I have gone to a wholesaler to look at this ring and was given prices. They are willing to sell me a H SI2 1 carat cushion cut diamond (to go in the center of the setting) for about $ 3,800. Is this a fair price? Would it be possible for me to get more size or value for my money?

I have looked on the internet and found some seemingly great prices on e-bay. However, being knew to all of this I am very unsure of myself and would only be comfortable with buying from an online vendor with a very good representation. Any suggestions?

Would I end up getting more diamond for the money by using the internet, or is this to risky a proposition?

Also, I have noticed the great prices that are offered on Blue Nile Diamonds, are these diamonds decent? Or is there some sort of catch?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

diamondglee

Rough_Rock
There are some GREAT jewelers out there that will help you a great deal. Cushions are an especially difficult diamond to buy on the internet because each one is different and there is no standard like with a round or princess. There are some gorgeous cushions out there...and some dogs.

I wouldnt go the Ebay route, but there are extremely reputable internet jewelers that are fantastic.

You might want to start by doing a search for cushion cuts here. You will get a lot of nice pics showing the different shape cushions and a LOT of great info from people who have bought cushions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results