shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Diamond Help on a 2.16 Ct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
I need some help determing if this is a good deal on Diamond being sold locally that I looked at today & it is Absolutey breathtaking. I am thinking about buying it for $9,200. Here are the specs from the GIA certificate 2.16 Ct round, SI1 Clarity, G Color, 8.08 x 8.018 x 5.3mm depth, 65% depth, 63% table ,Girdle thin to sl thick, culet Very Sm, Finish:Good, Polish: Good, Flouresence none. The Diamond is being sold because of a break up and she claims it is worth 3Xs of what she is selling bit for. Any Help? PLEASE..... I am not Diamond eduacated...but I luv Diamonds. I this a good Deal for $9,200? THANKS

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Daisy-

This diamond is being sold at a good price but it is not a well cut diamond. It is very deep and has a very large table. This greatly affects its light return and visual performance.

Also, it is not true that it is being sold for 1/3 of what you could buy it for as seen in a comparable (but probably better cut) diamond seen in this link. It goes for a little over $16K.

Since you even state that you are not diamond educated, I would really suggest you read the pricescope tutorial (which there is a link to at the top of this webpage) or the tutorial found on Good Old Gold's website (link) so you learn about cut and its affect on a diamond.

Good luck!!!
wavey.gif

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
Is it a Bad cut though? I am not looking for a ideal cut. In fact the Diamond I have now didn't even come with a cert & I have no idea the % on it. On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate this Diamond? Do you think it is worth $8000? This is what I was going to offer her. Or is this not a good Deal?

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
It is impossible to say how this diamond is on a scale from 1-10 without having more information or seeing it through an idealscope (which you can learn about from another link at the top of this website).

If you are not looking for an optimally performing stone and you really like and would be happy with this one, I think it is a good deal. $8K is probably about half of what you would pay for it online.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
You have been a Great Help with the links and info you provided. I think I am going to get the Diamond. It is Stunning to me. Thanks So Much! Happy Valentines Day!

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Your welcome.

Just a couple more things. Before you shell over $8K, I really think you should bring the diamond to either an appraiser or gemologist to verify that the stone you are buying matches the GIA cert. I am not trying to say that the person selling the diamond would intentionally mislead you but you don't know if they themselves were misled when they purchased the diamond.

Also, I forgot to mention that it is good that the diamond is GIA certed. GIA and AGS are considered two of the best grading firms. If the cert matches the diamond, you can be confident that the color and clarity of your diamond are really what the cert states.

Good luck!!!
wavey.gif

Daisyma02

Rough_Rock
Yes I have it all set up that we are meeting with a GIA cert Gemologist to finalize the trade. We did meet at a Jewelery store today when I looked at it and the Jeweler said it actually looked more like a VS2 to her than the GIA graded SI1 but the store she worked at sold IGI diamonds so I kind of thought that GIA must have very high grading standards. I thought that was a great compliment to the Diamond. Which is absolutely Beautiful and really does Sparkle. It's a scary decision and any info is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results