shape
carat
color
clarity

Need cheap blue stone- where can I get one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My sister is starting to finally get the jewelry fever
11.gif
! She is in the hunt for a replacement pendant (after she lost the one I gave her for being my maid of honor
29.gif
) and a sapphire/diamond three stone ring. She knows she wants the center stone to be a blue sapphire, but she''s torn btwn a pear and a round, and she thinks she wants diamond baguettes. Basically, she''s not sure what she will want in the end, and so I suggested that she get a cheap round blue stone and a cheap pear blue stone that we can take around to stores and drop into settings so she can get an idea of what it might look like. I did this with my yellow sapphire pear and ended up with a setting that I never would have imagined I would go for, until I saw it in the actual setting. So, my question is, where can she buy inexpensive stones (they don''t necessarily have to be sapphire or natural, as long as they look similar to a blue sapphire)? Are there are any vendors or online stores that can help a poor newbie out?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inexpensive sapphire would not look all that great, and may not do justice the the rings. Just an idea.

Isn't it common that jeweler would have stones in stock to 'try out' ? That costs $0.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Excellent idea! I''m going to check him out right now.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
dare i say it...

if you want *cheap* and not necessarily real
2.gif
... you can try ebay

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Hi. This is my first post. I have also been looking for some "cheap" gems to try out to see if I like them and just for fun. My question is for strmdr, about the link you provided, are they a good company. I would assume so since you posted the link, but have you personally ordered from them? Thanks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 11:35:45 AM
Author: Mokey
Hi. This is my first post. I have also been looking for some 'cheap' gems to try out to see if I like them and just for fun. My question is for strmdr, about the link you provided, are they a good company. I would assume so since you posted the link, but have you personally ordered from them? Thanks.

I haven't but a member of my family with my help did and I saw what they got.
Everything was as advertised and delivered as promised.
Don't expect top grade natural gems at those prices but they were decent commercial quality at a low price on the natural ones.
Same with the settings they are typical high production low cost settings.
For a fun ring or something like earrings and just to look at stones they are kewl :}
The settings aren't up too e-ring quality and wear.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the reply! I know they can''t be TOP quality for that price, but something fun and colorful! I also like that they are nice sized stones, not just tiny little ones like a lot of places have. Thanks for the link I will definitely be ordering.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 2:19:59 PM
Thanks so much for the reply! I know they can''t be TOP quality for that price, but something fun and colorful! I also like that they are nice sized stones, not just tiny little ones like a lot of places have. Thanks for the link I will definitely be ordering.

kewl
report back with how it goes and dont forget some pictures :}

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I definitely will. I ordered an amethyst ring and a blue topaz ring. They are each a huge oval, so they should be pretty. I also just got a really beautiful peridot ring from my sister in law. I have loved that ring for many years and have actually told her I wanted it left to me in her will.....jokingly of course. She sent it to me for my birthday, she taped it inside of a card...I know! It made it here though, I''ll post some pics of that one too. Thanks for the interest.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Friendly reminder about description for this board:

b]. post pics of your favorite gemstones and favorite cutting styles.>

Thank you.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I thought we were talking about natural gemstones. I mentioned peridot, amethyst and blue topaz. Am I wrong in assuming that these are natural gemstones or were you referring to someone elses posts? I don''t want to ruffle any feathers, just wanted to share some pretties. Thanks, Mokey

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 11:55:39 AM
peridot, amethyst and blue topaz. Am I wrong in assuming that these are natural gemstones or were you referring to someone elses posts?
All your stones have passed the ID test Mokey, i was not referring to any of them at all.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
O.K. Good to know! Thanks for the reply. Now, how do I resize pics if I don''t have photo shop? Is there a thread for this? Thanks so much for all the help.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
We are working on the picture optimization and posting system to make it as easy as possible.

Takes time but it''s on our list.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I learned how to post. So here is my peridot ring from my sister in law. I just love it. Thought I would share. Thanks again for the help pricescope admin. Mokey

ring pics 03801.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I do. Thanks for asking.

ring pics 610301.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
One more. Sorry they are so blurry.

ring pics 6104001.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results