shape
carat
color
clarity

Need CAD help ER reset

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I have broken a prong on my ER three times now and decided I needed a reset.

I asked DK to basically give me my ring, the gallery. The height, the flushness on the hand. But with a bezel and round diamonds.

I am sure I am driving the team nuts so I wanted some advice so I am sure I'm communicating clearly.

Here is my ER, scanned with the rounds. Pre-bezel. DK 100033-QUAD-1.png

Latest CAD
DK 100033-QUAD.jpg

Any suggestions for "fixing" the bezel so it fits snuggly into the halo? I feel like I am trying to alter the laws of physics.

Thanks in advance.

I dont have the measurement on the original face, but looking at the bottom left view, is there a way to flatten it?
I am literally incapable of describing of how I want it other than exactly as I had it, it sits snug on my hand and the shoulders just flow into it so it sleek. Nothing sticks up. Sort of like a flush/gypsy set band-feel. Any ideas?

20200811_203440.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
is there a way to flatten it?

It looks like the new cad has the round halo melee at a steeper angle than the original calibre halo.
Reducing the angle will flatten out the profile. Maybe lowering the point at which the shoulders attach, will also help? But unsure if that really will help, because the overall halo is 2mm wider.

Reduce the gallery to an even slimmer sliver of filigree?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about instead of having just 1 round stone in the "corners", you lengthen the "corners" and do 3 round stones to help
turn the corners a bit tighter. I'm not sure how it will look (without seeing it in a cad) but it would help get rid of those
bezeled shapes that were designed to hold the emeralds in. (in other words, may solve the problem or, may not :- ( )

Edit...just realized that's going to make it look like an octagon because it will have 3 stones on every side. Never mind :(2

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who made the original ring?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about 2 diamonds across each corner and 4 on each side?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Do you insist on all the halo diamonds being the same size? Just thinking out loud here because I'm not sure how this would look in real life: what if you had graduated diamonds on each side around the center circle and two diamonds (one smaller than the other) perpendicular to the halo, to fill in the corners. Then maybe you could get rid of the blank space at the corners of the halo and allow the bezel to be tucked down into the halo?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results