shape
carat
color
clarity

need an opinion on stone and price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joyrn

Rough_Rock
hello everybody!

just wondering if this stone is good? and what i should expect to pay for this stone?
here are the specs?

Shape- round
Weight-2.67 ct
Measurements- 9.08 x 8.98 x 5.34 mm
Proportions- Very Good
Depth- 59.1%
Table Diameter- 61%
Crown height- 12%
Pavillion Depth- 43%
Girdle thickness- Medium faceted
Finish Grade- Excellent
Clarity- VS2
Color- H
Photoluminescence- none

thanks in advance!
2.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what country did the EGL report originate?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
This might be an attractive diamond in person, but you could find a better cut. It is also just out of round with the diameter measurements, you might want to look for a more tightly cut diamond rather than 9.08 by 8.98. The EGL lab would not be USA but I think possibly Israel - either they Antwerp or Europe describe fluorescence as photoluminescence. I don''t know what you should pay for this diamond, it will obviously be cheaper than a GIA or AGS certed very well cut diamond, if the price is right and you like it then it''s a big rock for the money, get it professionally appraised if you buy it to make sure it checks out - in some cases the grading can be looser so your H VS2 could be an J S12 in reality- big difference in the pricing of these grades....I hope this helps!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaGem, what makes you think this isn''t an EGL cert? I am just curious as a consumer so I can learn more. I found this from another professional in the archives.

"No, actually I can tell it''s an EGL SA or Antwerp because percentages are rounded, it looks like the girdle thickness is the average and because of the term ''photoluminescence"

Any tips you could give on spotting the potential cert would be great!
1.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/21/2006 11:09:57 PM
Author:joyrn
hello everybody!

just wondering if this stone is good? and what i should expect to pay for this stone?
here are the specs?

Shape- round
Weight-2.67 ct
Measurements- 9.08 x 8.98 x 5.34 mm
Proportions- Very Good EGL= proportion consist of five elements.
Depth- 59.1%
Table Diameter- 61% EGL= it is called "table Width" and is part of "proportions"
Crown height- 12%
Pavillion Depth- 43%
Girdle thickness- Medium faceted
Finish Grade- Excellent EGL= Finish consist three elements, polish/symmetry/ culet.
Clarity- VS2
Color- H
Photoluminescence- none EGL, dont use this terminology, they call it "Fluorescence"

thanks in advance!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! But I am a bit confused with the info in my above post, that the other professional gave that info but it is actually incorrect? I am just trying to clarify what is right, especially when he said that photoluminescence is used by some EGL divisions and then you say they don't use the term at all? Just trying to get this clear in my mind.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/big-ish-emerald-cut.7260/=

Here is the thread where I got the information if you look at the last post on the page.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/22/2006 5:39:33 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thank you! But I am a bit confused with the info in my above post, that the other professional gave that info but it is actually incorrect? I am just trying to clarify what is right, especially when he said that photoluminescence is used by some EGL divisions and then you say they don''t use the term at all? Just trying to get this clear in my mind.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/big-ish-emerald-cut.7260/=

Here is the thread where I got the information if you look at the last post on the page.
Sorry, i never encountered this terminology on EGL reports.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results