shape
carat
color
clarity

need an official appraisal w/in 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aglio412

Rough_Rock
hi everyone...i'm new here so please forgive me if these questions have been asked a million times.

so i got a great (or i think it is) deal from an outlet on a complete ring. ended up being about half of it's retail value. however, being from the school of not believeing things that are too good to be true, i want to have the ring appraised before i miss out on the return window. the manager at the store told me that if the ring is appraised at less than what it sold for, i can get a full refund no questions asked...it must be an 'official' appraisal. by official, i'm assuming she meant GIA. so how does one get a GIA certification? do i need to send the ring to NY? or do local jewelers do GIA certifications? also, how much does it usually cost? the ring is 1.5 carats total, one larger emerald cut and two smaller emerald cut diamonds...with a bunch of smaller round diamonds in the band...i would only need the top 3 graded and appraised for insurance/appraisal purposes. also, does GIA need the stones to be loose to inspect them? i don't want to incur any additional resetting fees.

thanks in advance!

also, jewelers mutual or chubb for insurance?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I think accredited appraiser will do.

.[/u]

aglio412

Rough_Rock
thanks! i stumbled upon that after i posted...sent an email to a local guy (i'm in the metro DC area)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cool. Pennye Jones-Napier or Martin Fuller should be in your proximity.

Good luck and let us know what you'll find out.

:)

xnannat

Rough_Rock
hi,

i'm new as well, so please be gentle.

i finally settled on a stone (through an online retailer) and started investigating appraisers in the philly area. i chose david atlas' company, and the retailer agreed to send the stone to them for an independent appraisal before i make a decision to purchase it.

i planned to bring both the GIA cert (e-mailed to me) and the sarin report (attached to this document) to the appraiser for comparison to his own measurements.

my question rests in the attached sarin report...you'll see "OGI" in the background. is this a valid sarin report? also, what does the "WORKED FOR VG.VG." at the bottom imply? thank you for your help.

aglio412

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/8/2002 4:10:28 PM

Cool. Pennye Jones-Napier or Martin Fuller should be in your proximity.

Good luck and let us know what you'll find out.

:)
----------------

scheduled one with Martin Fuller's office on Thursday, I'll be sure to post my review.

Jess

Rough_Rock
Wow! From what HCA says, that is a beautiful rock! I think (I stress THINK) OGI is like SARIN. It is the name of the machine that did the evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results