shape
carat
color
clarity

Need an independent appraiser ASAP for Signed Pieces ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
I'm very confused and I don't know what to do....

My boyfriend ordered a Signed Pieces shared prong wedding band and engagement ring. He got my diamond from Whiteflash. After almost 4 weeks, Signed Pieces had my rings ready and sent the engagement ring to Whiteflash and the wedding band to us. When Whiteflash received the engagement ring, they noticed upon inspection before setting that one diamond is loose and there are cracks in a prong or two that hold the melee. Issac at Signed Pieces was very shocked when I called him so Whiteflash sent the engagement ring back for him to look at. Issac claims that the ring is "flawless" and that the marks we're seeing in the Whiteflash photos are just marker.

So, I need an independent appraiser to see what's really going on. I was supposed to be out of the process once I picked the settings but now I'm having to handle this because I'm more knowledgable about the situation. I'm trying not to overreact until we get a second opinion but I'm just really upset. Any suggestions for an appraiser or would any of the appraisers here be willing to look at the rings? Thanks!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Where are you located?

Perhaps a local guy to you would be good - so you can see it with your eyes, and if there is something wrong, you can see the extent of it.

Rockdoc

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
I''m located in Bowling Green, KY but the ring is with Signed Pieces in NY. I don''t know of anyone locally. I was just hoping to find someone as quickly as possible.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Anyone else? I''m just really anxious to get my ring to an appraiser to see if there''s really something wrong with it. Thanks so much!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess you could always have it shipped to one of the PS appraisers. Rockdoc, Richard sherwood, Neil(denverappraiser), Dave Atlas, and metro appraiser all post here often, are familar with WF and Signedpieces and could help you I''m sure. It''s a toss up who to go with, they are all great!!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Is this a branded ring? Like a Tiffany? I had my Tiffany ring from signedpieces appraised at Tiffany - it was $200, and took 2 weeks, but maybe they''d look at it for you for free first.

Otherwise sorry to hear it! I hope it works out well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 12:54:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I guess you could always have it shipped to one of the PS appraisers. Rockdoc, Richard sherwood, Neil(denverappraiser), Dave Atlas, and metro appraiser all post here often, are familar with WF and Signedpieces and could help you I''m sure. It''s a toss up who to go with, they are all great!!
Ditto!!!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Wow, something sounds sketchy *keep in mind these are 2 competitors in a big money industry*

If something sketchy is going on, shame on whoever is responsible. Exploiting those who are usually at a critical time frame/point in their lives etc

I hope it is simply a misunderstanding/mistake.

If I were you I would deal with an appriaser that was close and I''d also want to see the setting for myself as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 6:48:47 PM
Author: Apocalypse
Wow, something sounds sketchy *keep in mind these are 2 competitors in a big money industry*

If something sketchy is going on, shame on whoever is responsible. Exploiting those who are usually at a critical time frame/point in their lives etc

I hope it is simply a misunderstanding/mistake.

If I were you I would deal with an appriaser that was close and I''d also want to see the setting for myself as well.
Ummm, that''s a pretty hefty accusation to make. Both have solid reputations on here, and doubt anything sketchy is going on. Let the independent appraiser find out what''s what and go from there.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree with kaleigh, PS vendors work together all the time, although they are competitors they are still friendly and fair from what I''ve seen on this forum. sending to an independant appraiser will get the answers the OP wants I''m sure. Both WF and SP are well repected companies and put customers first. they will work this out, i''m sure of it.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I would get it sent to an Independant appraiser close to where you live so you can also see whatever it is he/she finds and look for yourself what these cracks/marks are . . .
I am sure this will all be figured out . . .

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Just an update...I''m probably sending the rings to David Atlas once I get the prices back from him. I would love to send the rings to an appraiser locally but there''s just not anyone I trust here. I''ll also have him check that the girdles of the diamonds don''t rub together which is my main concern about the setting.

This isn''t in any way meant to speak badly about either vendor. Both Signed Pieces and Whiteflash have been wonderful to work with. I just don''t see how one vendor can say a ring is cracked with a loose stone and the other can say it is flawless with no loose stones. The only way to truly know is through an independent opinion. I''ll definitely post what happens because I know how helpful everyones posts...good and bad...have been for me.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:52:42 PM
Author: Murr4168
Just an update...I''m probably sending the rings to David Atlas once I get the prices back from him. I would love to send the rings to an appraiser locally but there''s just not anyone I trust here. I''ll also have him check that the girdles of the diamonds don''t rub together which is my main concern about the setting.

This isn''t in any way meant to speak badly about either vendor. Both Signed Pieces and Whiteflash have been wonderful to work with. I just don''t see how one vendor can say a ring is cracked with a loose stone and the other can say it is flawless with no loose stones. The only way to truly know is through an independent opinion. I''ll definitely post what happens because I know how helpful everyones posts...good and bad...have been for me.

David Atlas is very highly respected here and I am sure he will clear things up.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much I can expect something like this to cost? We''re not looking for a full written appraisal, just a check and verbal rundown of the ring and what issue (if any) it has. I have asked David for a quote but I''m really curious and impatient :) Thanks!

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Also, does anyone think that Signed Pieces should cover the cost of the independent appraisal or does that fall with us?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 6:58:28 PM
Author: mrssalvo

i agree with kaleigh, PS vendors work together all the time, although they are competitors they are still friendly and fair from what I've seen on this forum. sending to an independant appraiser will get the answers the OP wants I'm sure. Both WF and SP are well repected companies and put customers first. they will work this out, i'm sure of it.

We apreciate these sentiments. We also feel it’s important to clarify that we contacted the client in private to discuss this: We have an obligation to check every piece, whether we produce it or not, as we may be held accountable for its condition upon delivery.We have no issue with SP, whom we hold in high regard.In fact, they are one of a handful of companies from whom we’re comfortable receiving jewelry. Murr, the marker appears below the issues in the pictures to indicate where they occur (issues circled in red).

Now that SP has the ring back in-hand we’re confident they will be sure it is perfect. They enjoy a good reputation and we both want what’s in your best interests.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
John, my thread is not in any way to imply that Whiteflash is being dishonest at all so I hope you don't think that. I don't feel like I've treated either company unfairly in any comments I've made on the situation. I feel like anyone in my situation would get an outside point of view when you have two opinions on one ring. It was someone else who felt there was something "shady" going on, not me. It's been wonderful working with Whiteflash and I'm looking forward to getting everything resolved.
1.gif
Also, I'm very grateful to Whiteflash for being so thorough on a ring that I didn't purchase from them. I know that marking issues is a standard practice and I'm not saying that was wrong either. Whiteflash's customer service has been excellent! Signed Pieces has also been more than willing to help. What else am I supposed to do in a situation like this?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Murr, thank you for the generous comments and no worries.
1.gif
This is exactly why Pricescope exists; so you can get input from the community. We value the opportunity to contribute in public too - and I wanted to be sure to clarify that customer we have no issues with SP, in case that impression was somehow received by anyone. I don't think your posts have implied that.

rogue

Shiny_Rock
Whatever happened with this?? So crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results