shape
carat
color
clarity

Need an expert opinion on a princess cut diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DJC Duke

Rough_Rock
This board has been a great help and I''m almost there!

I''ve been looking for a princess-cut diamond for an engagement ring. I want the best cut possible for a diamond just over 1 carat and spending no more than $6,500. Here are the stones I''m choosing between (all the stones are GIA certified):

#1: 1.07 carat, F color, VS2, depth: 68.6%, table: 71%, measurements: 5.76x5.66mm, ratio 1.01, Very Good, Very Good, None
Price: $5091

#2: 1.07 carat, E color, VS2, depth: 69.7%, table: 71%, measurements: 5.78x5.67x3.95, ratio 1.01, Good, Good, None
Price: $5425

#3: 1.20 carat, E color, VS2, depth: 69.4%, table: 63%, measurements: 5.94x5.92x4.11mm, ratio 1.00, Good, Good, None
Price: $6460

#4: 1.31 carat, G color, VS2, depth: 71.7%, table: 69%, measurements: 6.01x5.97x4.28, ratio 1.00, Excellent, Good, None
Price: $6319

All diamonds are GIA certified, and I get to examine the diamond and even take it to an appraiser before I purchase it.

Can anyone tell me which stone (on paper anyway) sounds like the best diamond for the money? Which one should I examine?

Please help!

barry

Shiny_Rock
DJ;

All of them look very good on paper. The problem with
fancies in general and Princess Cuts in particular
is that it is very difficult to go by just the numbers.
Two Princess Cuts with identical numbers can perform
quite differently as far as light performance and light
leakage are concerned. In the absence of more information,
it's difficult to narrow down the choices.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

DJC Duke

Rough_Rock
Yeah, that's what I've been told (that fancies are hard to judge 'on paper'.

That's why I'm going with a service that'll let me see the diamond before I buy, and even let me take it to an appraiser.....

But I don't think they'll send me all of them to compare, so my question is: which one should I examine? I'm willing to go for one of the bigger, more expensive stones if they are a good deal and if they'll be of comparable cut-quality to the smaller ones (although the price of the 1.31 carat makes me suspicious). If not, I'd be happy with one of the 1.07 carats if they're cut well.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
They seem all nice... I think no 3 and 4 are worth a look... Can you ask for a Sarin??

DJC Duke

Rough_Rock
I'll see and if I get one I'll post it here.......

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
OK! Let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results