shape
carat
color
clarity

need advise on my stone--may return and by on web

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwelu

Rough_Rock
First off, I meant "buy" instead of "by"

Okay, my b/f proposed with a very beautiful diamond, .99 carat, D, princess. Prior to the proposal I knew nothing about diamonds but have since been trying to research. It's turning into such a headache with so many conflicting opinions/grading scales/reliable sources, etc... Would someone please tell me what they think of this GIA cert. stone? I have an inkling that the table is too large (83%) Is it a good price for the stone? Thanks in advance

Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements....5.56x5.33x3.92mm (what does the last # in the meas. mean?)
Weight...........99 carat
Depth............73.5%
Table............83%
Girdle...........Thin to thick
Culet............none
Polish...........Good
Symmetry.........Good
Clarity..........VS2
Color Grade......D
Fluorescence.....NONE
PRICE: $6100

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You are right. The table is way too big. The table might throw this diamond into the Class 3B cut. You really wanna stay 2B and above. Refer to the Cut Chart link I posted in your other thread. Comparable 1 carat diamonds currently available from Price Scope Vendors are trading for $3500 to $4800. Comparable meaning same color, clarity, similar table and depth, 1 carat weight diamonds. There is a price premium associated for bumping above 0.99 and hitting the magic 1 carat mark. A 0.99 carat would trade for a bit less.

Just an FYI,... You can post information on several diamonds in one thread. It will make it easier for you to track and for responders to help you in your decision process.
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I agree with PQ on this one. The table is way too large and th eprice is out of the ballpark. I would expect to pay not more than $5K for a TOP make stone.
The third measurement is the depth.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results