Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chindee

Rough_Rock
Hi, I and my b/f just saw a diamond at a jeweler that is recommended by findmyjeweler.com:

Round, AGS Ideal Cut, 1.202 carat, G color, SI2, no fluorescene, no cutlet, medium girdle, symmetry: ideal, polish: ideal, price: $6450.
When we saw with the ideal-scope and H&A viewer, it looks has a beatiful H&A pattern (I learned about reading the pattern from pricescope.com.. and I hope I read the pattern right
).

I tried to memorize the cut (I should''ve written on my note), table 57%, depth: 60.1%, crown angle: 33.7, pavilion angle: 40.1

Do you think it is a good diamond with a good price?

I was looking for calrtity at least SI1, but the diamond''s clarity is SI2. Do you think it is fine? When I tried to see under 10x scope, I almost didn''t see any inclusions, just minor white inclusions.

Help me please... my boyfriend wants to make a decision soon.

Thanks!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Selected: 60.1% depth, 57% table, 33.7° crown angle, 40.1° pavilion angle.

Factor Grade

Light Return: Very Good
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight: Excellent

Total Visual Performance 1.5 - Excellent - within TIC range

Hope this helps.

Kirk

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
I was looking for calrtity at least SI1, but the diamond's clarity is SI2. Do you think it is fine? When I tried to see under 10x scope, I almost didn't see any inclusions, just minor white inclusions.

Hi,

I always like to recommend SI-1 or better. I can't imagine you would have a hard time seeing the inclusions using a scope. Maybe a bit of denial came into play? Some buyers never really want to hear the bad news....human nature. Take a real careful look at that stone under the scope. Look at the plot on the report and then try to locate the inclusions. You may have gotten lucky and have a gem of a SI-2 stone. I have seen a lot of SI-2 stones that really should have graded out as I-1's. Just my two cents....Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.