shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chindee

Rough_Rock
Hi, I and my b/f just saw a diamond at a jeweler that is recommended by findmyjeweler.com:

Round, AGS Ideal Cut, 1.202 carat, G color, SI2, no fluorescene, no cutlet, medium girdle, symmetry: ideal, polish: ideal, price: $6450.
When we saw with the ideal-scope and H&A viewer, it looks has a beatiful H&A pattern (I learned about reading the pattern from pricescope.com.. and I hope I read the pattern right
1.gif
).

I tried to memorize the cut (I should''ve written on my note), table 57%, depth: 60.1%, crown angle: 33.7, pavilion angle: 40.1

Do you think it is a good diamond with a good price?

I was looking for calrtity at least SI1, but the diamond''s clarity is SI2. Do you think it is fine? When I tried to see under 10x scope, I almost didn''t see any inclusions, just minor white inclusions.

Help me please... my boyfriend wants to make a decision soon.

Thanks!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Selected: 60.1% depth, 57% table, 33.7° crown angle, 40.1° pavilion angle.

Factor Grade

Light Return: Very Good
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight: Excellent

Total Visual Performance 1.5 - Excellent - within TIC range

Hope this helps.

Kirk

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
I was looking for calrtity at least SI1, but the diamond's clarity is SI2. Do you think it is fine? When I tried to see under 10x scope, I almost didn't see any inclusions, just minor white inclusions.

Hi,

I always like to recommend SI-1 or better. I can't imagine you would have a hard time seeing the inclusions using a scope. Maybe a bit of denial came into play? Some buyers never really want to hear the bad news....human nature. Take a real careful look at that stone under the scope. Look at the plot on the report and then try to locate the inclusions. You may have gotten lucky and have a gem of a SI-2 stone. I have seen a lot of SI-2 stones that really should have graded out as I-1's. Just my two cents....Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results