shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED ADVICE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
I have several GIA reports and don't know which one is better. Can anyone advisein this confusing process??? I need an unbiased opinion...can't tell if the vendors are just trying to sell their stones.

1) Shape: round brilliant
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Weight: 1.22
Measurements: 7.02x7.07x4.11
Depth: 58.3%
Table: 62%
Girdle: thn-med
Culet: none
Fluorescence: none

2) Shape: round brilliant
Weight: 1.23
Measurements: 6.95x6.99x4.12
Depth: 59.1%
Table: 61%
Girdle: thn-thk, f

3) Shape: round brilliant
Weight: 1.27
Measurements: 7.07x7.11x4.29
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 55%
Girdle: thn-med, f

4) Shape: round brilliant
Weight: 1.23
Measurements: 6.96x6.99x4.21
Depth: 60.4%
Table: 61%
Girdle: thn-sthk, f
Fluorescence: strong blue

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

Architect

Rough_Rock
If you are going by pure numbers, then number 3 is definitely the clear winner. It is within ideal range for both depth and table %. The first two are too shallow and so the light return could be affected by that. Of course, the beauty of the diamond still depends on what the pavilion and crown angles are, but without knowing those, it is safer to go with diamond #3. Since i was shopping online for a diamond, I bought one that was ideal cut because it gives you a diamond that will more than likely be beautiful.

JayTee

Rough_Rock
Even with the GIA numbers you have provided, you cannot tell if a stone is ideal cut or not. Architect is right, number 3 is the only stone in your selection whose table and depth% are within ideal range, but you still need a few more numbers to determine that (crown angle and pavilion angle). Keep in mind the other stones, with larger tables, are going to look larger (better spread) as a result.
If you can, ask the jeweler if they can provide these measurements for you (if they have a Sarin or Ogi report on the particular stone).

Hope this helps.

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
Thanks again. I will ask the jeweler and get back to you.:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results