shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccmoon

Rough_Rock
I am new to this forum and I would greatly appreciate any advice you may have.

I'm I getting a good deal??? Here are the specs + I am attaching the GIA diagram:

GIA
Carat: 2.02
Measurements: 8.08-8.18 x 5.02mm
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 61.7%
Table: 60%
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Fluorescence: None
Comments: None
Price: $14,460

My Notes: The Jewelry said that this should really be an SI1 b/c according to the GIA diagram, there is a 2mm feather in the facets area that is angled at 45% from the center but does not line up w/ a facet. The feather does not reach the surface. Other than that, there are 2 really small specs.

Basically, this stone w/ 10x is pretty much eye clean at least for me. I've seen stones in SI2 and they are a mess but this one takes a lot of time to find the imperfections which is what I'm use to in a VS something but the jewelry said this would probably be a SI1.

What do u guys think? Thanks in advance!
Chris

giaDiagram.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Price sounds ok but table and depth indicate rather deep cut.

It is good that you cannot see inclusions in face up position but I'm not sure about the feather though. Can you check it with independent appraiser?

Derek

Rough_Rock
It depends on what your goal is. If it to get a 2 carat stone that is eye clean for the lowest price then you're probably on the right track. Especially if you like how it looks. If you aren't in any hurry though I would suggest going through the tutorial on the main site and doing some reading. Knowledge is power.
Good luck!
-D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results