shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice,wedding band, colored stones, creativity!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
My friend is looking for a wedding band for her E-ring... It is a 1/2 carat marquise with sapphire pear sides... She wants something with more "umph" Her FI does NOT like the idea of upgrading. She wants something that is going to give it a lot more character...

here are her problems
1. She wants more bling... she would rather have a center colored stone and band diamond bands.. FI says she has to work with what she has.
2. She likes the two band look.. but there are gaps between the ring cause a ring will not sit flush.
3. She wants something with a little color if possible.

The sapphires are not the greatest color, so that is a hinderance.. she has no idea what to do.. but I thought some of you may have some ideas.. I am attaching some pics. The bands she is wearing are mine for exmaples...

Jensring.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I was not sure what section to put it in colored stones or here.. but you guys come up with some good ideas for diamonds.. so I thought here..

jens1with2rings.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Maybe my colored stones pals will pipe in here too

jensringgap.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Another

jensringgap2.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Another

jensringwithmybands.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
LAst one.. HELP!!!
32.gif

jensringwithring3.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mine,

Would she be allowed to reset the stones she already has? Since the marquis isn''t that large, what if she had it reset east-west? Would there still be room for the sapphire sides? I''m thinking that that may help a band sit flush. What is her finger size?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Nope... he won;t have it unfortuntely.. but she is still trying to convince him.. She wears a 5.5

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Does she mind if the bands have a shape to them? I was thinking what if she had some bands made to contour to the shape of the ring, then she would have more bang, and maybe she could alternate with diamonds and sapphires. I think that may get a little busy, but thought I would throw out my .02!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
That is very nice.. I love it,,, I am definitely going to show it to her. She wants something in Platinum since her E-ring is platinum though....

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I really doubt she would see a difference because neither her ring nor these bands are a lot of solid metal. But maybe she should look at white gold and platinum side by side at a jewelry store to make sure it wouldn''t bother her.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2006 5:37:37 PM
Author: Mokey
Does she mind if the bands have a shape to them? I was thinking what if she had some bands made to contour to the shape of the ring, then she would have more bang, and maybe she could alternate with diamonds and sapphires. I think that may get a little busy, but thought I would throw out my .02!
this was my thought, too....but i don''t know how many diamonds i''d add to the shaped bands..

movie zombie

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
How about a chevron with diamonds and sapphires? This is a pic of my original set to give an idea what I'm talking about. This would minimize the gap.It does drive me crazy when the guy buys a ring with NO input and then put limits on what he sais he wants done with the band. She is the one wearing the ring afterall! Of course, I was surprised by a ring. Any guys who want to surprise her- DON'T! Let her choose the ring with you. She is the one that will wear it for years. Hope she finds a solution
33.gif

spcb3.JPG

moon river

Brilliant_Rock

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
I was just curious...did she get any input when picking out her ering?? If not, it is a bummer he won''t let her customize it to something she will love. That said, I think a pair of curved diamond bands on either side would look really pretty.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I know all about dh not letting you change the original set. Mine won''t. I think she should reset her original engagement ring in a thick band so her rings would sit flush with the pave side bands. I think it would be a gorgeous look.

By the way MINE, I''ve been oogling over your set forever. It''s absolutely astonishing!! So unique and beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results