shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice (QUICK!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tgarbrecht

Rough_Rock
I need to buy a diamond in the next 24 hours. Can one of you "experts" tell me if this is a good deal:

Ideal Cut, .95ct, E, VS2, Good/Very Good for $5,200??

Thanks in Advance!

TG

golfer

Shiny_Rock
Do a search on Pricescope and see how it compares to similar diamonds.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

This seems like an emergency.

Usually it would be best advised for consumers to take their time considering every possible option before
parting with their hard earned money.

Kirk
www.diamonoptics.com

makisupa

Rough_Rock
TG,

I'm not an expert. W/o doing a pricescope search first, remember the following which will help you negotiate with your seller:
1. since it's under a caret you should be able to save on the cost; a .99 diamond can be purchased for 500 less than a 1.00. I was looking for a .98 for that reason.
2. check the symmetry. I believe that you have the symmetry listed as very good, right? If so, how is that ideal? check it out under an ideal scope which the dealer should have and check for hearts and arrows which was my test to see how close to ideal the symmetry was.

To give you a bargaining comparison, yesterday I purchased a 1.06 H SI1, AGS000 (ideal symmetry, polish, and proportions) and closed the deal on the stone for $5000, a little more once I added the setting, shipping, etc... My stone is no E, and is one step lower on clarity but the size is 8/10ths bigger.

I'm a little worried about the symmetry which sounds like it is less than ideal. Personally, I think you can get the stone for seveal hundred less.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results