shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on yellow/rose gold setting for K colored stone

AndGabe

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My FI and I are in the process of buying a 0.95ct K/L colored RB stone and we're trying to decide on the setting. I really like the yellow or rose gold shank with platinum prongs look. However, the setting I want - Sholdt R472 (see pic below) only comes in one color.

What do you guys think about yellow or rose colored prongs for a K/L colored diamond? Will it make the diamond look too warm or dark? Should I stick with white gold instead?

Sholdt.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: Need advice on yellow/rose gold setting for K colored st

I would be more concerned about the contrast between the melee and the center stone. Have you seen K colored stones in pave settings before? I would definitely try to look at some in person.

seedslinger

Rough_Rock

The gold prongs will actually help the K color.

The stone will look noticably whiter against the obviously yellow prongs.

Thats what they say at least.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Depends on your diamond and how well cut it is... here is a picture and link to a Diamond I previously own a modern super ideal cut in a Sholdt Yellow Gold semi bezel. the diamond wasn't super white, but it was very brilliant and fiery and i've recevied many compliments on the setting and stone as well. I wouldn't worry about the melees as they are very small in 1/2 points (you'll need to verify) it didn't look noticeable at all imo.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ray-the-reset-saga-ends-and-thank-you.133883/
file.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oh and here is a the same K diamond in yellow gold prongs

coffintroutdt0709 006.jpg

AndGabe

Rough_Rock

Sig47 - I contacted my local jeweler that carries Sholdt rings and they don't have any samples in rose gold (what I'm leaning towards at the moment). I have seen the setting in platinum and it looks lovely. I'm thinking since the melees are tiny, it'll blend in with the rose gold.

seedslinger - That's what I thought as well - until my jeweler advised against it. She said yellow/rose prongs will make the stone darker.

D&T - Thanks for the link! The stone's an AGS 000 Ideal. The cert says it's a K, though my jeweler said it's more like an L. I'm concerned that the prong colors might reflect into the stone, but I didn't notice that in your setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results