shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on this stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

terracepub

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am new to this site and I am in the market for a nice engagement stone. She likes the princess cut, and I have found a stone I like, but I need to find out if anything is wrong with this stone. Here are the facts. Thanks for your help.

Princess GIA report
1.41 carat
6.39x6.17x4.41
depth: 71.5%
table: 74%
girdle: medium
cutlet: none
Polish: very good
Symmetry: good
clarity: VVS2
color: D
fluor: none

I have also attached the sarin report as a jpg file, too many numbers to type. If it does not show up, the crown height is 9.3%.

So this is the stone I would like to purchase. Does anyone see anything terrible with the numbers?

Thanks,
Randall

PS-cost around $8000

sarinpub.jpg

rfs87

Rough_Rock
Does it sparkle? I mean compared to other stones. It looks like an off make. The crown height is too shallow and the pavillion depth is too deep. Sure the total depth looks fine, but that is how retailers can deceive you. Just so you know, 40% of the price is in the cut. That is where most people slack off so they can get the cost of their goods down. Yes, I am in the business, but I am using my knowledge for good instead of evil. Let me know how it goes and if you need any help.

Randy

P.S No, I am not trying to sell you anything. I am on the other side of the country

terracepub

Rough_Rock
Randy,

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention this is an internet purchase, so no I have not seen this stone. That is why I wanted to go over the numbers first to see what I was getting into.

R

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You might ask the Vendor to send you an Ideal Scope pic to check for light leakage and get an idea of potential performance.

Another suggestion would be to work with a Vendor that actually has diamonds on hand. Princess cuts that have been evaluated and hand selected for performance.

www.whiteflash.com Expert Selection

www.goodoldgold.com

www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com Signature Selection

www.superbcert.com

All these Vendors have Princess Cuts in house. They can physically pull out the diamond and discuss it with you. You can get actual pics, Sarin, Ideal Scope, and other reports emailed to you. The performance of Princess cuts is much harder to judge based on numbers and stats than Round Brilliants.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results