shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on studs!

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

While I patiently wait for my ering, I am looking into getting myself some RB studs. I have looked through the stud folder which has been helpful.

Ideally I'd like to get .75 or .8 ctw, and I want to get K color, and am fine with eye clean SI's. I want the 3 prong yellow gold martini's. I'd like to spend no more than 1300, but less would be better.

I can do .75 J-K SI's uncertified with IDJ for about $1175. I know so many people are happy with their eternity bands with uncertified yet pricescope quality diamonds, so do you all think this would be a good idea? I don't need perfect H&A diamonds, but I want nice ones.

Looks like .8 certified from Blue Nile, JA, BGD prices would be around 1400-1500 which is a little over what I can spend. WF looks to be the most expensive.

Would .7 look much smaller than .8? I don't want them to be too small, I want them to be noticeable.

Thanks for the advice!
Jessica

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the spread on the .70 vs the .80s? I do think the difference will be noticeable when you're holding them, but on the ears and at normal viewing distance, no, I personally don't think it'll be that noticeable unless the spread is dramatically different. You're talking about .35s vs .40s.

I think IDJ sounds like a great idea! There are times to stretch the budget and I think studs is one of them - the biggest size for the least amount of money.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I have .41 K SI1's and think that they are perfect. Very blingy, but understated, and great for daily wear. I actually get compliments on them all the time because their sparkle is apparently distracting. Depending on the mm difference it may be worth it to go a little larger, especially if you don't plan on upgrading them anytime soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results