shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on staying within budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noneek

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I noticed the price in WF is way higher than BN in the same cut grade, color, and clarity. What I like about WF is they show the picture of the diamond and they have more beautiful selection of settings.

What should I do? My boyfriend set a 5K budget. If I buy from BN, I can keep within my budget but not having the setting that I like. If I buy from WF, I cannot keep within my budget.

Please advice.

Thanks!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What type of stone and setting are you looking for? There might be other option or vendors to consider. It might not be comparing to apples to apples when you are comparing stones from BN and WF. But send post some links so we know what you are talking about.

noneek

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

From WF, this is the setting I like, http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=WF-4150&size=7.00

Is this a good choice of diamond?

Item Code: AGS-10109309
. Report: AGS
. Shape: Whiteflash ACA
. Carat: 0.813
. Depth %: 61.8
. Table %: 54.9
. Crown Angle: 34.2
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 56
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick Faceted
. Measurements: 5.98-6.02X3.71
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible
Total setting + diamond <= my budget.

Please advice.

Thanks!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
0.795ct G SI1

This one could save you a bit. Based on the dimensions they are pretty close in size. There are many eye-clean SI1's and WF could confirm whether this is one or not. I think VVS1 is really over kill in a round if you are on a budget. Some people feel the need for the stone to be that clean but you feel it in the price. You also could drop in color.

Here is another to consider that is at a nice price and a hair larger. 0.823ct I SI1

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 11:30:30 PM
Author: swingirl
What type of stone and setting are you looking for? There might be other option or vendors to consider. It might not be comparing to apples to apples when you are comparing stones from BN and WF. But send post some links so we know what you are talking about.
Ditto - also WF offer other benefits that BN do not such as photos and other images, upgrade policies etc.

noneek

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks so so much for your suggestions. I like WF because I can see the diamond picture before I buy it. I don''t want to spend the whole 5K budget because I know thats my BF savings so I don''t want to wipe out his savings completely.

When I see the picture between this two diamonds, G color seems much better but I am not sure if it will looks the same in person. What do you think?

I would love to go cheaper and won''t mind lower than 0.75 carat. I tried on a 0.55 carat solitaire in a store and it looks just fine for my skinny fingers. I wear a size 7 ring.

What do you think of the setting that I choose?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 5:27:53 PM
Author: noneek
Hi,

Thanks so so much for your suggestions. I like WF because I can see the diamond picture before I buy it. I don't want to spend the whole 5K budget because I know thats my BF savings so I don't want to wipe out his savings completely.

When I see the picture between this two diamonds, G color seems much better but I am not sure if it will looks the same in person. What do you think?

I would love to go cheaper and won't mind lower than 0.75 carat. I tried on a 0.55 carat solitaire in a store and it looks just fine for my skinny fingers. I wear a size 7 ring.

What do you think of the setting that I choose?
G colour is a sweet spot for many as it looks very white but doesn't carry the premium of colourless diamonds.

The Legato setting is a classic, can't go wrong with that one!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Not to throw a wrench in your shopping, but have you looked at James Allen? I recently purchased from them. Their selection and prices were fantastic, and their customer service was top-notch. Just something else to consider I suppose. I got a very nice GIA F VS2 0.87ct and a setting with sidestones for under $5000. Good luck!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 11:46:39 PM

Total setting + diamond <= my budget.

Please advice.

Thanks!
Noneek, that combination is within your budget even if the setting is platinum because of the current setting promotion going on right now. The setting is discounted 10% if purchased with an ACA stone (which is what you''ve listed) if purchased during the promotion period, which runs through 4/15.

noneek

Rough_Rock

vf0valkyrie

Rough_Rock
they both look great!
i would prefer diamond number 2 though.
the arrows there appeal to me more
2.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
They both look great. Either one would be nice. Me personally, I''d take the 0.833ct I SI1 and use the extra $$$ on one of WF diamond bands to complete the package. And still be under budget.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 10:31:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your reply. I like WF because they also have some very good looking setting.

Here are two diamonds that I need you to look at and let me know which one should I go for:

0.748 carat F SI2: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1467047.htm

0.756 carat G SI1: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1445176.htm

I called in and they said these two are both eye clean.
Both excellent diamonds.

noneek

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, 0.83 carat is very enticing. The questions is do they sparkle? I am worried buying the diamond without having a look at them. What do you think? Should I just risk it? Please please advice. Thanks!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! All the ACA from WF are beautifully cut, AGS Ideal. It never hurts to call them and have them compare several while you are on the phone. Most of us on PS trust the eyes and honestly at WF. I have seen the ACA's in person and they are sparkly all right.

When you find something you like at least put it on hold while you decide. Some of the nice ones get gobbled up by others looking for the same thing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 1:17:39 PM
Thanks for the advice, 0.83 carat is very enticing. The questions is do they sparkle? I am worried buying the diamond without having a look at them. What do you think? Should I just risk it? Please please advice. Thanks!!
HI:

Do they sparkle? Does Ellen always use that smacking emotie on me?
9.gif
41.gif
11.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 1:30:17 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 3/10/2009 1:17:39 PM
HI:

Do they sparkle? Does Ellen always use that smacking emotie on me?
9.gif
41.gif
11.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
LOL!!! Oh yes.....they sparkle alright!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The ACA's, hand-picked stones from GOG and High Performance (Cut by Infinity) stones are all beautifully cut. Between the vendors it's just a matter of who has the stone you want (color, clarity, size, price). I have purchased from WF and High Performance. I'd buy from GOG in a heart beat if I was adding to my collection. All the stones that have been recommended so far (ACA's, GOG and HP) are winners.

It makes it a little easier to get the stone and setting from the same vendor. But I would let that detour me if I found a stone and setting at different vendors. I'd buy the stone and have it shipped to the vendor with the setting to be set.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 1:19:48 AM
The ACA''s, hand-picked stones from GOG and High Performance (Cut by Infinity) stones are all beautifully cut. Between the vendors it''s just a matter of who has the stone you want (color, clarity, size, price). I have purchased from WF and High Performance. I''d buy from GOG in a heart beat if I was adding to my collection. All the stones that have been recommended so far (ACA''s, GOG and HP) are winners.

It makes it a little easier to get the stone and setting from the same vendor. But I would let that detour me if I found a stone and setting at different vendors. I''d buy the stone and have it shipped to the vendor with the setting to be set.
They are all very lovely diamonds above and ditto Swingie!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 2:50:47 AM
They both look great. Either one would be nice. Me personally, I''d take the 0.833ct I SI1 and use the extra $$$ on one of WF diamond bands to complete the package. And still be under budget.

Ditto chicka! You better snatched that baby up or put it on hold before a lurker grabs this sucker! This is what I call the SWEET SPOT BABY!

My stone is .85 I SI1 and I LOVE IT! I wouldnt change a thing about it (well..except maybe the size
11.gif
)
In fact...when I have GOG get me one of their new chunky cushions cut for light preformance...I''m either going to get a I SI1 Or a J SI1...I havent decided yet. But i can''t see a hint of color in my I cushion...and your ideal cut round will hide it MUCH better than my cushion will, just because of the shape and cut.

I''ve been to whiteflash. You can''t go wrong using that vendor. AND you get 10% off your setting...I mean, that just sweetends the deal! Snatch that baby up before I do!
31.gif

noneek

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone. Your comments are very helpful. I submitted these stones to my future fiance and let him decide as he is the one buying. He told me to pick the stone I like and then stay out of it. I did send him my posts and all your comments. His principle is that the stone should be a gift from him to me. So, I guess it won''t right if I were to pick my own gift. At least now I can guess how it will look like. Hope he choose the legato setting for me. hehehehe

Now, I am officially a lady in waiting.
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 1:06:49 PM
Thanks, everyone. Your comments are very helpful. I submitted these stones to my future fiance and let him decide as he is the one buying. He told me to pick the stone I like and then stay out of it. I did send him my posts and all your comments. His principle is that the stone should be a gift from him to me. So, I guess it won''t right if I were to pick my own gift. At least now I can guess how it will look like. Hope he choose the legato setting for me. hehehehe

12.gif
YIPPEE!!!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:12:22 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/13/2009 1:06:49 PM

12.gif
YIPPEE!!!!!
Awesome! He can''t go wrong with any of these choices!

lil425

Shiny_Rock
i was looking at the WF .795 G SI 1 for one of my earrings and was told it was a very eye clean stone. I ended up going with stones about 2 points smaller, also G SI 1 and they are gorgeous!

noneek

Rough_Rock
Have you all seen an O color with strong blue fluor? So curious about this round brilliant from inifinity cut.

What do you think about it? Does this forum has a picture of it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results