shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on sizing my rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

velvetflip

Rough_Rock
My enagagement ring is a round stone set in 4 prongs and the band is pave diamonds on all sides. My wedding band will match w/ pave diamonds on all sides also. I''ve atached a pic, but since it was taken with my phone, it didn''t come out very good. The problem is, my knuckle is a size 6, but my finger is probably only 5.25 to 5.5. So as a result, the ring fits well over my knuckle, but is constantly spinning on my finger. This is the second setting I have had in under 4 months. The first one fit perfectly on my finger, but completely ripped my knuckle to shreds.

Any suggestions that will allow me to fit this ring over my knuckle and still fit my finger? It''s driving me crazy!!!

file.bin.jpeg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I think there was a jeweler on another thread that said they could add something to the inside of the ring that allows it to slide easily over your knuckle while still fitting correctly on your finger. I'll try and find it again...

Marisa

ETA: They are called "sizing beads" and I assume you can just go to your jeweler and ask for them to be put in.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
You could do one of those horseshoe spring things. It allows the ring to go over your knuckle, but then tightens up around the base of your finger to help keep it from spinning.

I''ve attached a picture of jazmine''s beautiful ring. Here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/horseshoe-sizer.38617/=
If you do a search for ''horseshoe'' you''ll get a number of hits.

Jazmine''s beauty:

TR_edited2.jpg

velvetflip

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. That horseshoe sounds like the best solution. Can you recommend a jeweler in NYC who can do this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results