shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on size and cut concerns

buttercup99

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a round 1.50 carat, G, VS2, very good to excellent cut, GIA
The quotes I am getting are in the $19,000 to $20,000 range.

To get something more in my price range:
1) I have been recommended to go with a1.43 carat diamond and have been told that I won't know the difference between the 1.43 and a 1.50
Dimensions of the 1.43 are 7.16 X7.20 X4.51

2) I have also been told to go with a G color SI1 diamond, but to stick with an excellent cut.
I could also go with an H color and a VS2 stone.

I am confused as to which way is the best way to go.
Thanks for your help and advice.

Ickeymouse

Rough_Rock
Not quite sure what it is you are asking. Could you clarify exactly what it is you want to know or what you want advice on?

buttercup99

Rough_Rock
This is what I am asking:

Will I notice the difference between a 1.43 carat and a 1.50 carat round diamond, if I look at it?

Where should I compromise: Should I stay with an excellent cut or go with very good?
OR, should I choose an H instead of G?
Should I stick with a GIA VS2 or is an eye clean SI1 okay?

In order to lower the price to the $15,000 range which is the best compromise?
Thanks

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I do not think you will see a noticable size difference between a 1.43 and a 1.5 ct stone.

As for color- you really need to go and see excellent cut stones in G, H, I colors and see what your sweet spot is. Only you can really determine how color sensitive you are and if you are willing to compromise in color to get a bigger stone. Make sure when comparing stones that they are the same cut grade so that you are comparing apples to apples.

As for clarity- I have an eyeclean SI2 and for me- as long as a stone is eyeclean, it doesnt make a different to be if it's an SI2 or a VS1. We compromised in the clarity category just to be able to get the bigger size.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
As for cut- I would not compromise that. The better the cut the more sparkly the stone will be and that to me is very important and something that will be noticable to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results