shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on oval solitaire, budget 25-35k.

batana

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am starting the process of looking for a new ring. I’m keeping my current engagement ring so starting from scratch. I tried on a few different shapes and think I’ve narrowed it down to an oval. I have long fingers and my current ring is a radiant on a simple tapered platinum band.

My husband has purchased several beautiful pieces of jewelry from whiteflash over the years after hearing about them on this site 14 years ago. Their ACA diamonds are so beautiful.

Where do I start for a new ring knowing I’d like an oval solitaire? Is whiteflash still recommended for different shapes? I’ve also admired Leon Mege. We also have a few local jewelers as well. I wasn’t sure if it was recommended to stick to a local jeweler or if it was common to use an out of state jeweler?

We are in California and budget is ~25-35k.

Thanks for any tips.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @batana

I'm going to give you a thread read though...lots of good oval information. Come back with any questions you have after that.
Yes, you can use WF for fancy-cut stones. I do believe they can get you aset images and nice videos if you find a stone you like.

Thread...

Edit...can you also give the specs you're looking for?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
David Klass is in LA.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Was saying David Klass is a reliable in state jeweler who could set the stone for @batana. He regularly sets outside stones.

batana

Rough_Rock
Hi @batana

I'm going to give you a thread read though...lots of good oval information. Come back with any questions you have after that.
Yes, you can use WF for fancy-cut stones. I do believe they can get you aset images and nice videos if you find a stone you like.

Thread...

Edit...can you also give the specs you're looking for?

Thank you. You are so knowledgeable and helpful. I read through your other post and I’m so overwhelmed as a novice!

I don’t know specific specs but I’d like the stone to look white, be eye clean, avoid the dark looking bow tie, sparkle like crazy. I know I’d like it to be at least 2 carats and I know my budget for everything is in that price range (20-30k or so).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a fancy cut like this I would usually suggest you work with a vendor to help you select as I think it’s just too hard to judge fancies without good imaging.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started looking for nice stones...WF can do aset images and up-close videos if you find a stone you like.

Here is the type of faceting pattern I like...they are hard to come by though.

I'll see what else I can find.

batana

Rough_Rock
I started looking for nice stones...WF can do aset images and up-close videos if you find a stone you like.

Here is the type of faceting pattern I like...they are hard to come by though.

I'll see what else I can find.

I’ve been looking at more oval videos and I can see what you mean about the diamond above compared to most ovals that have more crushed ice alone the top along the top and bottoM. How do you describe that and filter for that? Do you have to look stone by stone? The diamond you listed almost looks more like a cushion?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results