shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on OEC

Huadian

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Its seems pretty unanimous that this pair is not ideal :p. They do not have lab reports.

I'm now considering getting modern brilliant cut j color or avr. At least these cuts are standard and you can be sure what you're getting. Avrs would be more expensive so I'm thinking whether its worth it or not. Avrs are really beautiful.

In any case so happy to get your advice. It sets my mind at rest and helps me trust my eyes.

Thanks

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all

Its seems pretty unanimous that this pair is not ideal :p. They do not have lab reports.

I'm now considering getting modern brilliant cut j color or avr. At least these cuts are standard and you can be sure what you're getting. Avrs would be more expensive so I'm thinking whether its worth it or not. Avrs are really beautiful.

In any case so happy to get your advice. It sets my mind at rest and helps me trust my eyes.

Thanks

They are so very different. I think it would be prudent to decide what your heart desires first. The chunky facet pattern of an AVR (made to look like an old cut) or the splintery facets of an MRB. Very different.

Which facet pattern makes your heart and soul sing?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So here are my "hail Mary, departing next a.m. for airport" studs which are still much more lively and bright than what you are considering (photos taken separately so they show as different sizes):

1585437241857.jpeg 1585437493167.jpeg

Your Hail Mary earrings are gorgeous! I wish I had studs like those!

Huadian

Rough_Rock
They are so very different. I think it would be prudent to decide what your heart desires first. The chunky facet pattern of an AVR (made to look like an old cut) or the splintery facets of an MRB. Very different.

Which facet pattern makes your heart and soul sing?

I would prefer avrs. Are they usually more expensive than ACA?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer avrs. Are they usually more expensive than ACA?

That says it all. In your case I would look for AVRs otherwise you aren't getting what you truly want. I cannot speak about cost as I never researched the costs of ACAs vs AVRs.

Remember the wise old adage (and I am misquoting it): unless you get what you want you will not be fully satiated...and a deal is only a deal when you are getting exactly what you want.

I hope you find the AVR (if that is what you truly want) of your dreams.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
You could also have some lab diamond avrs cut in a higher color. For lab diamonds you unfortunately have to use the lab diamond forum as they aren’t recognized as real diamonds in the rocky talk forum. But that could definitely help you with your budget and higher colors. If you are set on AVRs then I would contact the creator of them under Distinctive gem (his new website). He will be happy to advise you on what color size and material!

Huadian

Rough_Rock
Hi all

I got in touch with distinctive gems and I think the pricing is somewhat comparable. So beautiful. I need to mull over the timing but I know I will get a pair sometime!

Thank u! I'm glad I checked in and will save for the studs I really want.

muesli

Shiny_Rock
They are going to be stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results