shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice on Diamond Stud Earrings

DiamondStudFinder

Rough_Rock
Good day! I am new to diamond and looking for a diamond stud earrings for my wife. I would like to get your guys’ opinion of the following diamonds. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Is it safe to buy from these ebay sellers? Thank you so much in advance!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I can't comment on these specific sellers as I haven't bought from them, however the prices seem to be too low for the specs. I would recommend checking out James Allen and Blue Nile, both are running Valentine's Day sales. In that price range and carat weight, if you are open to lab diamonds, I would check out Lightbox Diamonds. Best of luck!

DiamondStudFinder

Rough_Rock
I can't comment on these specific sellers as I haven't bought from them, however the prices seem to be too low for the specs. I would recommend checking out James Allen and Blue Nile, both are running Valentine's Day sales. In that price range and carat weight, if you are open to lab diamonds, I would check out Lightbox Diamonds. Best of luck!

That is what I’m worried about... the price is too good to be true. Feedback seems legit though. Earring with the same specs at Costco is around $2,500. I really don’t know how can they sell these at a very low price.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
That is what I’m worried about... the price is too good to be true. Feedback seems legit though. Earring with the same specs at Costco is around $2,500. I really don’t know how can they sell these at a very low price.

I probably wouldn't buy diamonds that seem too good to be true, because I'm skeptical. I'd recommend considering either a lower carat weight, lab diamonds, or paying market rate for the 1tcw. Just my 2 cents though!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
No offense to eBay sellers, but I just would not buy diamonds off of eBay.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Let me add that when it comes to diamonds, there are no deals... you get what you pay for. The place you can often save is buying online from legitimate, established vendors... the cost in brick and mortar stores a usually higher due to their overhead (although some people prefer it for various reasons).

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay, one pair has a GIS lab report.

Certification:GIS

I had to look this one up, not that I really know much about diamonds...

After reading the "About US" section of the web site I don't know any more about them than I did.

"GIS (Gemological Institute & Systems) is an organization that exists to give Gemstone Identification, Diamond Grading and Jewelry Quality Analysis Report to Professionals just as to the buyers. Every one of the tests are performed by the accomplished gemologists in the Gemological Institute & Systems India (GIS) Laboratory. GIS (Gemological Institute & Systems) has the uniqueness in working at the same time with the changing patterns in the market. This is the manner in which the organization has, cut a specialty for itself in the business.

Considering the reality the regularly prospering Gem and gems industry in India, Gemological Institute & Systems India (GIS) are planing to start significant Gemological Courses for the hopeful experts just as for the normal person, in near future.

Jewel Grading and Color Stone Identification program will be structured by master experts in consistence with the business measures."

Or maybe it's the lab in Sri Lanka.

www.gis.lk/aboutUs

"
GIS was founded by Dr.S.Mazhar (Ph.D) in 2017. GIS an introduction to latest technology availed by our laboratory located at the heart of gem market (Beruwala) in Sri Lanka. It operates as Modern Laboratory, Institution and Research centre with extensive experience. It has equipped with sophisticated gem tools and gem identification devices to ensure accuracy and perfection in gem analysis to the complete satisfaction of our clients and customers.

Our Mission is to build consumer confidence in the trading of Gemstones by issuing authentic Characterization, determination of origin, grading and identification reports, holding workshops and seminars regarding recent researches on gemstones and specially focused into gem mining by upgrading of our human resource and laboratory equipments with proper guidelines.
"

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The only labs that you should consider are GIA (Gemological Institute of America ) and AGSL (American Gem Society Laboratory) which is usually referred to as AGS.

DiamondStudFinder

Rough_Rock
The seller sent me a picture of the earrings. What are your thoughts? Thank you. Screenshot_2020-01-27-20-18-34.jpg

Last edited:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The cut does not look good from the image but it is hard to take photos of diamonds so we would need more photos. With that said, if they are sparkly enough for you and you just want a pair of studs that have sparkle they may be for you. Is there a return option?
But do note that the earrings in the photo you posted are not the same as those pictures in the listing! That would be a red flag to me..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results