shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on choosing stone

mrsfancypants

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am new here and need advice in choosing a stone. I have two stones that i'm choosing from. They are both round diamonds certified by GIA

#1 1.02 carat

Measurements: 6.51-6.58 x 3.97mm
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Cut Grade: Very good

Depth: 60.7%
TAble 61%
Crown Angle 34.0
Crown Height 13.5%
Pavilion Angle 41.8
Pavilion Depth 44.5%
Star length: 60%
Lower half 80%
Girdle Very thin to Medium, faceted
Culet: none

Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Faint

#2 1.21 Carats
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35
Crown Height: 15%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
PAvilion depth: 43.0%
Star Length: 60%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: MEdium to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: None

Finish
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Thank you for your help.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
definitely not the first.

the second could be a nice one - can you see it in-person, or does your vendor provide photos, additional scans, can check for eyeclean to your specifications, etc.? Or better, does your vendor have a generous return policy - if so your best bet is to have it shipped out to inspect in-person before setting, and plan to return if it doesn't meet expectations.

mrsfancypants

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply. I have seen them in person, as they are from a local store. My husband is not comfortable buying through the internet. I've tried to convince him that we can get better priced diamonds. As far as the stones, they both look good to me. Side by side, I don't see much difference. My husband is color sensitive, but I don't see the difference between the two. I like the 1.2 better just because the cut is excellent, but all other factors, I am not sure. Why do you say that the first one is not a good one? I'd like to save dollars by getting the smaller one, but if it's not a good value, i'd probably look further.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pavilion is very steep - if you hold the stone over a brightly coloured paper or cloth (or even on your hand between your fingers) you'll see that cloth, or your skin, through the stone under the table, b/c the proportions are allowing light to escape through the back of the stone rather than being reflected back to your eyes ("leakage").

closest example I could find here in a quick search - see the leakage under the table, it's 34.5/41.8(57/75)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results