shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on Blue Nile ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I just put a diamond on hold at Blue Nile, and I was hoping someone could offer an opinion on their Trellis setting. I also wonder about the quality of their rings in general. Also, could anyone tell me what crown and pavillion measurements would be good for this diamond:

Asscher cut
Price: $5529.
Carat weight: 1.22
Cut: Very Good
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 68.2%
Table %: 59%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.96x5.95x4.06 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.00

Thanks in advance for any advice.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The assher Q... This is effectively a square emerald cut diamond (Asscher is a different story, but people use the name, as some week.old posts here discussed too). For this stone, I would take a look at the parameters for 'emerald cuts' (not the Length to Width ratio, of course, since you have chose 1X1) quoted under 'Fancy cuts' on the first page here. Those make some reasonable guidelines. Of course, as with any cut, the look you like matters much more than any specs... I guess.

If you are looking to correlate geometry with light return, I believe there are no reference numbers for this cut (only the RBC has such 'honor', unfortunately) and having the stone graded for light return is the remaining (rather complicated) solution....

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice on the cut of the stone, I'll check that out. Anyone have any advice on settings from Bluenile.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results