shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on a rock....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scotpot

Rough_Rock
I''m a first time diamond buyer. Having visited a number of jewellery/diamond stores, I''m veering towards a G/H; SI1/SI2 as I wasn''t able to see the flaws by naked eye, and would like something with a good spead (looks big !). I''d like to get a H&A Ideal cut - should this be a priority, or should I increase the quality in another area? Budget is approximately $5000. It''s for an engagement ring.

Any comments/suggestions ?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Focus on cut first. By buying a good cut, you can bump down in color and clarity without it showing. We;; cut stones look whiter and bigger than non-well cut stones.

I'd put the priority as: 1.cut 2.size 3.color 4.clarity to maximize what you can get for your $$.

Good luck!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's another stone from GoodOldGold that's a Blazer..1.06ct H SI1 H&A

It's a little over your budget but is a gorgeous stone...

Good Luck searching.../idealbb/images/smilies/21.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think that if you drop in color and get a better quality you should be Ok.Also you can get g.i.a stones that are between vg-vg to ex-ex with d=59-62% t=53-60%,flour=N-F,and you won't have to pay top $$$ for a h&a stone, and still have the same look.As long as you stick to the above parameters you should do well.

good luck

scotpot

Rough_Rock
I've found a diamond with a HCA score of 0.6 However, it doesn't mention that it's H&D ... is it worth considering ?

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/ags0004184007/index.htm

1.03 SI1 H
Depth 60.1%
Table 57%
Crown 34.2
Pav 40.6
Cutlet PT

6.55 - 6.59 x 3.95

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think it's worth considering! NiceIce hands pick all their stones so it's very likely to be a ball of fire!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/11/2004 2:35:47 PM reedsc wrote:

I've found a diamond with a HCA score of 0.6 However, it doesn't mention that it's H&D ... is it worth considering ?
----------------

It's ABSOLUTELY worth considering, too. NiceIce, too, handpicks their stones, so they've looked at this and determined it's a performer. It really just comes down to finding the best blend of the elements for you.

I didn't see that one with NiceIce, though.....I must be slipping! Nice, nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results