shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on a 1.7ct round in a halo + pave setting

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
OK, got some time now to start looking but I'm going to recruit help from the local experts such as @rockysalamander and @Lorelei because their inaction here simply means they somehow missed this thread

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that Brian Gavin diamond is a solid choice. Call them to verify how eye-clean it is - they're super helpful and will help you with comparison to other options under their inventory. Also reserve a diamond that you really like because stones you find could get snatched up by lurkers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, got some time now to start looking but I'm going to recruit help from the local experts such as @rockysalamander and @Lorelei because their inaction here simply means they somehow missed this thread

Thanks for the taggie Blue, I did miss the thread, I'll take a look.:wavey:

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
Victor Canera set my Canera Antique Cushion in his Emilya setting. The pave is beautiful and I highly recommend him, at very least for the setting.

rockinit

Rough_Rock
Victor Canera set my Canera Antique Cushion in his Emilya setting. The pave is beautiful and I highly recommend him, at very least for the setting.

Yes I’ve already reached out to him for that exact setting, so far very helpful.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I looked around all vendors and those two are probably best options under the specs. I couldn't even find one through Whiteflash at that price point. If it were up to me, I'd choose the Fourmine one because of the higher clarity and G color, and the proportions and cut symmetry are solid to be a solid performer in real life. There's something to be said about getting a Brian Gavin's H&A but the I color is a concern to me. However, their service is stellar and the diamonds come with lifetime upgrade policy.

rockinit

Rough_Rock
Final choices are below. I'd prefer to go with WF as there is a trade-up involved. Thought that I would sell it private party but would rather not at this point.

Both are WF ACA. Eye clean, Halloway scores 1.4-1.5.

1.796ct I/VS2
7.78x7.82
$14,925
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3971985.htm

1.816 I/SI1
7.87x7.89
$15,725
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3947719.htm

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!!!

Things are moving with VC as well! Thanks for that recommendation- his halo/pave is just the ticket!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Final choices are below. I'd prefer to go with WF as there is a trade-up involved. Thought that I would sell it private party but would rather not at this point.

1.796ct I/VS2
7.78x7.82
$14,925

1.816 I/SI1
7.87x7.89
$15,725

Things are moving with VC as well! Thanks for that recommendation- his halo/pave is just the ticket!

I usually go for BIGGER as long as it's eye-clean, but the actual mm difference won't be noticeable to the eyeball. In this case, I'd go with I/VS2, which is my budget-friendly sweet spot for WF. But maybe ask them to put both diamonds side-by-side so you can determine which is a higher colored "I"

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock

1.796ct I/VS2
7.78x7.82
$14,925

1.816 I/SI1
7.87x7.89
$15,725

They're both good choice. I missed them cause I didn't tick the I option. Call Whiteflash and have the staff take pic side by side, and choose which one looks better in person. Verify SI1 is eye clean by haw-keyed younger staff.

Last edited:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Congrat! Be sure to come back and post photos please!

rockinit

Rough_Rock
Will do, and that’ll be a lot sooner than you think... such a short timeline that I don’t even want to mention it until it’s all complete for fear of disappointment :shhh:

Mturgeon05

Shiny_Rock
Premium
These amazing folks found my 1.61 VVS2 H Triple Excellent for under $11K. I am most definitely a mind clean kinda person, but I was willing to go down a bit in clarity to stay within budget if I had to. Don’t know how they did it, but they made it so I didn’t have to compromise...can’t wait to see what you end up with!

rockinit

Rough_Rock
These amazing folks found my 1.61 VVS2 H Triple Excellent for under $11K. I am most definitely a mind clean kinda person, but I was willing to go down a bit in clarity to stay within budget if I had to. Don’t know how they did it, but they made it so I didn’t have to compromise...can’t wait to see what you end up with!

That’s pretty spectacular, way to go!

My reference point was a 1.4 and I knew I had to go bigger. We shall see if 1.8 is big enough. There’s always the halo to add to the size. Had to compromise somewhere. My budget was 20k, not a penny more, and I wanted a truly great setting, did the best I could within those constraints.

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay, I can't wait to see it when it's done. So VC will set a diamond newly purchased elsewhere. Interesting.

rockinit

Rough_Rock
Ring in hand. Folks, I can’t even begin to tell you how stunning this ring is. Let alone how absurdly fast (upon my request) Victor was able to complete everything. Including shipping coast to coast. Order was placed May 14. Wow.

Will post pics in a few days when the deed is done. ;-) I just wanted to share how spectacular this experience has been, and under an almost unreasonable time crunch. Amazing. Victor is a master. And the service is as good as the product- Nicholas was great too!

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have the ring but no pics for us? That's just mean. :confused2:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the deed is done. Haha.

You mean "after she says yes ...

and then..."

you'll post hand shots???

:lol::lol:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wowwwwww. I'm not a halo person, but if I ever did change my mind it would be because of this setting. The ring is spectacular! Congrats!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful! Is she happy? Share the sentiments!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!!!
The ring is spectacular. Victor did an amazing job and you have made great choices

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results