shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice if this diamond is good quality

khrystynat

Rough_Rock
H color, VS2. Price is 17K.

1. Would like to to know if the feather inclusions near the girdle are a cause for concern?

2. Is this a good price point to be at?

3. I prefer a colorless icy look and concerned H is too yellow: is it worth going up in the Color/Clarity? Or is the price increase not going to justify the changes?
IMG_0823.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0828.png
    IMG_0828.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the $17k include the setting or just the stone? I* think if you want icey white you need to move to a G (or D-G). Fancy shapes
like ovals can show more tint in areas where the light return is not that good. I do not necessarily think you move up in Clarity.

H/VS2s are starting at about $15k on JA. I think its worth looking for a G. Prices are all over the place...some starting in the $15k
at JA (but do climb quickly).

I'll just post a few so you can see what I mean. We would need to know the LxW on that H you are looking at too.

Adiamor may* have better prices.

khrystynat

Rough_Rock
Does the $17k include the setting or just the stone? I* think if you want icey white you need to move to a G (or D-G). Fancy shapes
like ovals can show more tint in areas where the light return is not that good. I do not necessarily think you move up in Clarity.

H/VS2s are starting at about $15k on JA. I think its worth looking for a G. Prices are all over the place...some starting in the $15k
at JA (but do climb quickly).

I'll just post a few so you can see what I mean. We would need to know the LxW on that H you are looking at too.

Adiamor may* have better prices.

Thank you for your reply.

Is the amount of inclusions on the two that you posted from James Allen a concern than the GIA report that I got for the one that I posted?

Ratio on the one I posted is about a 1.4

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just posting G/VS2 stones. I didnt really look at the inclusions. Usually* VS2 stones are eye-clean but it all depends.

Are you asking if they are MORE of a concern than the inclusions in the one you posted? I would say yes because they
have inclusions on the table...looks like yours does not have any inclusions on the table. Like I said, I was just generically
looking for G/VS2 2-carats for prices. If you want us to look for a possible replacement for the H we can do that...if
you are ready to go there.

khrystynat

Rough_Rock
No I appreciate that.
I guess where I’m having my issue in deciding which one to pick is what’s worth sacrificing. for example, the location and the amount of inclusions, the H color instead of a F color or the clarity.
I would like to stay around this price range, but didn’t know if for about 17 K I could potentially find an F color with these few inclusion, same clarity or if that was completely unrealistic?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All we can do is look around. Ovals are usually pretty good at hiding inclusions so I tend to look starting at SI1s and up from
there. There are eye-clean SI1s but each stone has to be evaluated on its own merits. You sound pretty nervous about
clarity so probably better to stay at VS2 and higher.

The key is to find an oval with nice light return and a pleasing faceting pattern (and hope that the clarity and color are acceptable).

Has Strong Blue...not sure how you feel about that

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same stone on JA for cheaper price

also has strong blue

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results