shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice: I want stylish ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

donchik

Rough_Rock
Can anyone suggest me where to find a very special design rings? I really care more about the design of the ring then the diamond. I don'' t want just a regular circle shape and a stone on top. I like tension rings but i want to find something even more unusual then that. In general I like modern, sleek and simple. But shape should be unique.

Anyone has any ideas?

P.S. I have seen a ring I really liked once. It was a DeBeers ad. The ring almost created a letter A. It''s very hard to describe it and I can''t find an image of it.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Have you considered to look at right hand rings as engagement rings. Some can be very unique. Here are some pics form diamonsareforever.com:
wh_poup_AARG038_4.jpg

wh_poup_AARG040_5.jpg

wh_poup_AARG039_6.jpg

wh_poup_BNRG014_7.jpg

wh_poup_BQRG032_8.jpg

wh_poup_BLRG027_9.jpg

wh_poup_AYRG109_10.jpg

wh_poup_BCRG116_13.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2005 9:35:20 PM
Author:donchik

In general I like modern, sleek and simple. But shape should be unique.

Anyone has any ideas?
Some... you might want to browse a few designers' sites and get an idea of what this might be. Some websites gather representative work for many designieers and could help allot. Try kanemarie.com and pearlmansjewelers.com... Among the designers listed, Whitney Boin and Eddie Sakamoto come to mind.

And definitely Stuart Moore

About tension, Bunz and Niessing come to mind as less usual.

Look up R. W. Wise Goldsmiths...

Thre's allot and it may be that we like similar things. If you find some examples you like, chances are there are lots of options along the same lines. Besides, since many such designs are custom work, you could get your own twist on things.

Best of luck!
37.gif

SimpleThings.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

metalWork.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10410299.jpg

10710098_tif.jpg

SculptedRD.JPG

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
valeria101,
Love the mokume rings! My fiance doesn''t want anything bling blingy: no diamonds, nothing polished, etc, so this may be a good option for him.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Check out also niwaka.com

donchik

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thank you so much. Many of these are exactly what I was looking for. I also realized the difference between right hand ring and engagement ring.

Thank you sooo much.

Will let you know about my choice soon.
28.gif

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/27/2005 2:58:19 PM
Author: elepri

WOW. Those are very cool... there is so little on their website though! I''d love to see more of their designs!!! I wonder if they have a lot more information in their catalog?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
This designer is really pricey, but Whitney Boin has a lot of very modern settings. www.Pearlmans.com carries his line. One of my co-workers has a Boin set and it is really stunning.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 2:27:56 AM
Author: Garysax

Date: 11/27/2005 2:58:19 PM
Author: elepri

WOW. Those are very cool... there is so little on their website though! I''d love to see more of their designs!!! I wonder if they have a lot more information in their catalog?
Not sure if they have a lot more designs in the catalogue, it''s just a little booklet. I believe you can order it free from the website. It also includes the prices.

donchik

Rough_Rock
I think my favorite is this ring.:

50O13.jpg

I wonder how it will look on the hand. Sometimes rings look good pictures and not as spectacular on the hand.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 7:17:03 PM
Author: lawmax
You may want to check out Sakamoto too.

My girlfriend has this one and it''s stunning with a 2 carat diamond. His rings are really like sculpture.

Item: 05T1 - Ladies 18kt yellow gold mounting with 1.07cts in diamonds. Center stone not included.

Hmm...photo won''t show.

Here is the link: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/product.php?DesignerID=22&ItemTypeID=1&ItemID=302&start=30

Page 6 of the sakamoto rings.
Wish I could afford one of those settings. The simpler, less ornate one are very artistic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results