shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice, how much would you spend on the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kiz

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/6/2004 3:31:40 AM tintin wrote:

so If you were him, you have $35,000 saving and a stable monthly income $3000, then how much would you spend on the engagement ring?
rolleyes.gif
----------------

Hmmm, I'd say $35,000 including tax.
naughty.gif

Seriously though, taking his income into consideration, I think anywhere from $7,500 to $10,000.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I would have also said $5,000.

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
I agree with debutante there.

Spend 2 or 3 grand on the ring tops. I would put the money into a Roth IRA and a down payment on a house.

$35k goes real fast if any of it even survives the wedding and starting out expenses. Especially if she has to take off work for 6 months to have a child.

Or you could get a really big shiny rock and look at it in your apartment to keep your mind off the fact you now can't afford to have kids yet.

Just my .02

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Mara, don't feel so bad, I was going to go higher. You only live once..and the bill collectors can come after me when I'm dead!

JC

Shiny_Rock
Well, I can't tell you how much to spend, but I can tell you that your looking in the right direction. Check out the online companies that are listed right here on Pricescope. I'm sure that we would all love to assist, and I know that we could all offer a very competitive price. Good luck!

wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/19/2004 9:49:36 AM Griffin wrote:

Or you could get a really big shiny rock and look at it in your apartment to keep your mind off the fact you now can't afford to have kids yet.

----------------
This works for me! Except replace apartment with 'new townhouse' and keep the no kids part.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL. Yes! Scrap the kids and keep the ring. I think better yet, scrap the wedding ceremony where I paid all that money so people could eat and drink. Now that's a waste of money if you wanna talk waste of money. To think, I saved for a year and a half to impress all my friends for four hours and not remember a thing. Idiot! I could have been married on the beach, had a 3 carat rock and a downpayment instead!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
more...this is why we are getting married in hawaii!
2.gif
awesome vacation, better honeymoon, 30 closest friends and family, and about $10k less than getting married locally. what's bad about it?!
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You go girl!!! Here in the NYC metro area weddings are SO expensive. I also have a friend who is getting married in PA and it's about 90grand for 300 people. CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY! So compared to that, a 15 grand ring to me is "modest"...lol...(Bracing for my flogging...be kind all)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results