shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice for an EGL stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this particular is the one to buy? And, are EGL certificates reliable if the paperwork looks good?

weight: 1.31 ct
shape: round brilliant
measurements: 7.04x6.99x4.38mm
proportions: excellent
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 57%
Crown height: 16%
Pavillion depth: 43%
girdle: medium faceted
finish: excellent
clarity: VS2
color: F
Fluorescence: none

Thanks!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
There is a discussion going on whether EGL is reliable enough. You should check whether it is EGL NY-USA which is believed more consistent today than EGL Israel or Belgium.

Total depth sounds a bit deep for 57% table. Unfortunately, crown and pavilion depth seem rounded and prevent to be more specific.

Does the price sound reasonable?

At any rate, the final judgment only can be done by expert examination of the stone.

ttrutt

Rough_Rock
The price is $7000 for wire transfer (or 3.5% added on for credit card). Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks again.

The Gipper

Rough_Rock
I called one of the internet vendors concerning an 'I'color EGL diamond. The woman answering the phone told me that with their EGL (they also had GIA certified diamonds on their sites) you should go up one color and clarity level. They had some 'I's returned by customers due to them grading out dark and below I, according to her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results