shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice fast!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Karen

Rough_Rock
Just found this site. Perfect timing.Need advice now, as jeweler is only holding it for me through weekend.Am offered a starburst radiant at $17,950. It is H,2.69 carat, SI1, 8.58x7.86, depth 60.3% with 70% table. It is GIA and cut by Louis Glick in N.Y. Polish is very good,symetry good.It will be the first large diamond I will buy. Was surprised at how much smaller it looked than a round diamond same size. Is it a good deal? Thanks in advance!

golfer

Shiny_Rock
Is starburst radiant the same as radiant? I have no idea.

Anyway, check out pricescope and do a search for similar diamonds. I think a radiant with those specs would sell substantially cheaper than the price you've been quoted.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------

Is starburst radiant the same as radiant?

----------------

No. The starburst is one of Glick's proprietary cuts. It's similiar to a radiant but has more facets. Unless they've licensed the design, you won't see it anywhere else, which makes comparisons difficult. I've never seen one in person, so I don't know if they look significantly different from a standard radiant.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
Interesting. Having the seen the Bailey Banks Biddle super-extra facet round diamond (168 facets, I think), my general impression (confirmed on the internet) is that the extra facet thing is mostly a gimmick. It's kind of neat in some ways, but overall no better than a standard cut.

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
While it''s not unusual for radiants to look smaller for their carat weight than rounds, based on the measurements you gave the one you''re considering spreads just as large as a round. The table is a little big (should be under 70), but everything else looks great. Radiants need to be seen to be judged, but the measurements are fine. Well cut 2.5-3.00 carat radiants or starbursts are hard to come by, so if you like the sparkle go for it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wendy, it looks like you may have missed it.....this post is over 2 years old now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results