shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice - BIG eternity on 5.5 finger

noveninteen

Rough_Rock
So my primary question is, how big is too big on a 5.5 finger? I'm very concerned about the potential for rubbing, overall comfort level. What should I look for for maximum comfort while stilling getting the big wow factor? Pics are greatly appreciated!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's all about the setting. I prefer a u prong setting with the stones as low as possible. I have one just over 5cts of asscher stones and it's perfectly comfortable in most situations. Obviously you take care when wearing one anyway so you don't damage the stones, but it's amazing what you can get used too :naughty:

Each stone is about .20.

_22776.jpg

_22777.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once tried the Tiffany band that was 2.86 cts (rounds) and I also wear a 5.5. It was as large as I'd go with rounds for an eternity, because it was very blingy and I think larger would have been uncomfortable. I ended up returning it, though.

noveninteen

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS ring thank you. I'm leaning toward around 5 ct - it just seems right for my size 5.5 finger. Still undecided as to stone shape (leaning towed round but open) and setting. I've contacted IDJ and ERD by email but so far, no responses. There is still a part of me considering the Danhov wide pave (see link below) as I am certain the craftsmanship will be amazing which is important to me. I'm also still thinking about a channel set from Leon Mege (see link) not necessarily the wow factor but again, seriously amazing craftsmanship.

http://www.desiresbymikolay.com/collections/wedding-bands/products/danhov-classico-diamond-pave-wide-band
https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/shop-now/wedding-bands/4-millimeter-wide-pave-band-detail

Any and all comments/pic welcome! Super happy to have found this website :)

noveninteen

Rough_Rock
Ohhh good to know! Thank you!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 3ct eternity set with rounds in size 5.5 on daily basis. It's perfectly comfortable. I've tried on larger ctw ones and find that around 4.5ctw in a shared prong setting is my personal comfort level. At 5ctw the round stones start to get too large and press into adjoining fingers. That LM design might make it more comfortable with the metal set higher than the stones to give a smoother feel.a

I tried on a larger bar set eternity. I've rarely seen this type of setting on anyone and it's not very popular on PS but it is very comfortable with larger stones. For reference, the bottom band is my 3ctw shared prong eternity, the top is ~5ctw bar set eternity.

img_20120219_133927-1_1_.jpg

noveninteen

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Gorgeous rings and super helpful. I really want to go with the 5 ct. Now, it's just a matter of setting style for comfort. Thanks again! :)

noveninteen

Rough_Rock
BTW baby monster your skin tone and the shape of your fingers are very similar to mine. So, awesome pic for me (not to be creepy but can't stop looking at it!) :D

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're welcome :wavey:. That's what PS is for, ogling pretty bling :love:

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
My finger is a 4.5, but the larger band is a bit over 4mm and the smaller band is about 2 mm.

image_967.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This might give you a better perspective.

image_982.jpg

image_963.jpg

noveninteen

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! What is the ct of the 4mm?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Just over 4ct.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should be more concerned with the weight and MM size of each band. The cttw will vary depending on the size of the finger. And know that different cuts measure differently. A 4mm round will weigh less and need fewer diamonds that a 4mm asscher or french cut band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results