shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice about Well cut

Ken999

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I want to buy a diamond from bluenile, I have some questions about well cut as below,

1. Since Bluenile does not provide idealscope..etc report, How can I know that diamond is well cut or not?
2. If diamond is 3EX cut/sym/polish and HCA < 2, is it enough information to determine it is a well cut stone even though without idealscope report?
3. is it necessary to choose signature cut diamond from bulenile because it provided GCAL report to check BN, idealscope report? but the price is higher.
4. any other suggestions about diamond cut, my budget is $5000, GSI1, 0.8+

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are only considering BN, then I would only choose a signature stone since you have a little more information on those. There are other vendors who provide more information on cut than BN does such as Good Old Gold, WhiteFlash, James Allen, etc. Having a score under 2 is a start, but I have seen pictures on James Allen of "excellent" cut stones that did not look great. So I generally don't buy without photos and preferably idealscope images of a stone.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think you are fine with HCA under 2 GIA Ex or AGS0. That being said, if you are looking at BN only, I would stick with VS2+ or order any SI1 stones unset so you can determine if they are eye-clean to your standards.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, good point about SI1. I would not buy under VS2 without magnified images and a gemologist describing how eyeclean the stone is from all directions.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1334071464|3167454 said:
Oh, good point about SI1. I would not buy under VS2 without magnified images and a gemologist describing how eyeclean the stone is from all directions.

Ditto all of the above about the cut.
From what I understand all of Blue Nile's signature cuts are eyeclean, but you can call and talk to them about that. So I would buy an SI from them from that line if that was true.
Most of the vendors more frequently recommended on here are very happy to provide you with diamond images and such. A lot of people use ID jewelery when they find a diamond on Blue Nile they like as Yekutiel will have the stone called in for you, take some pics and an idealscope for you and tell you if it's clean. And he'll match the BN price, which a lot of vendors won't do.

06pvc

Shiny_Rock
And he'll match the BN price, which a lot of vendors won't do.

He'll beat BN's Price :).

I am one of those IDJ statified customers who got a BN stone. So +1 on Gypsy's comments.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
for my 5 stone 2 ctw ring from Blue nile I chose GIA xxx diamonds J/SI1 stones .and it turned out beautiful .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results