shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a second opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

agreen1129

Rough_Rock
I'm a bit apprehensive about buying a diamond online. It just seems like an good deal $7850. The diamond is in IL and comes with 15 day 100% cash back. Would love some guidance on this stone...

EGL Israel Report: 2327213727
Weight: 1.70 Carats
Shape and Cut: Princess
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Measurements: 6.53 x 6.34 x 4.71 mm
Depth: 74.3%
Table: 72.0%
Girdle: Medium to Medium, Polished
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

I've heard varying things about EGL. Please comment on the value of this stone and EGL.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I won't comment on the diamond as I am an RB sort of person. But, I will ask,..... Is the diamond physically in the (your) country or in the possession of the Vendor you are working with. During my search, I inquired about a diamond on the multiples list. That diamond was physically in Israel. If I wanted to see it, I would have to pay $200 shipping to the US to get the diamond. If I didn't like the diamond, I would have pay another $200 for return shipping. Hopefully that is not the case with this diamond.
1.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Just my opinion- my only real concern would be whether the color grade is accurate. As PQ stated, I would want to know if the vendor has the stone on hand and if so ask if they concur with the H color grade. A princess this size shows its color more than an RB would and I personally would not want to go lower than G/H. It's a little bit deep but I like the med girdle and the table size. It may be a great looking stone. Can they provide you with the crown height?

agreen1129

Rough_Rock
The crown height is 13%. Thanks for the input so far.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow is a 1.7c well-cut princess really only a 6.5mm diameter?? That's the size of a 1.0c round brilliant!

No wonder I never liked princesses.
2.gif
Just curious--what sort of 'amazing deal' is this...price? Sometimes when things seem too good to be true, they may be....advise caution!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
If an EGL graded stone is priced very low, it's usually too good to be true. Especially if it's an EGL Israel. They are pretty lax and lenient in their grading, so I wouldn't be surprised if the stone was much lower than stated. Be careful and be sure to get an independant appraisal before you plunk down the cash.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results