shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a picture of a "single" prong setting ... help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a picture on the internet of a single prong setting ... where there is one prong between each diamond and each of the diamonds sort of sit in a "cup" ... I am having my wedding band made, and I want five round diamonds set with a single prong in between each diamond. Can anyone help me find a picture of this for the jeweler? THANKS!!!!
loopy.gif

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
To clarify, this is not the common prong setting which looks like:

0 : 0 : 0 : 0 : 0

but rather 0*0*0*0*0

THANKS, I have been searching the internet everywhere!!!
confused.gif

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
427669.jpg

I think this is what you mean.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
OMG, where did you find that???? I LOVE this place!
love.gif
appl.gif
9.gif

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
That I found at Costco.com. You may be able to see it in person at your local Costco - I know my Costco has it.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
thanks Mexi!

Do you (or does anyone) know if there are any disadvantages to this kind of setting versus the common prong setting? Is it really more delicate? I really like how this type of setting shows the roundness of the stones, and doesn't add that "square' look to them.
3.gif

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Anyone know if this setting is secure enough? Giving my question a little *bump*, sorry!!!!
confused.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some may argue that this is not as secure...obviously the more prongs you have in the more places (as long as they are set well), the more secure the stones. Hence a : : would be more secure yes...I would also venture to say that it depends on the metal you are using (e.g. white gold is softer than platinum and may be more prone to bending to let the stone escape), and also if this is going to be daily wear or occasional wear, etc.

If you really love this setting, I would get it. I don't like it when people tell you that its not going to work for daily use or whatever and try to change your design or your opinion. Just get the prongs checked more often than you would. In the end it should be about what you want to look at for the rest of your life or similar....buy what you like. You can always get maintenance on the ring at the local jeweler to be sure that things are still tight and the stones are safe.

Good luck!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results